or Connect

Posts by clearwaterms

I can't answer the iron question.  But I can answer the driver question.    The Tour is a smaller head club and comes with a Kuro Kage Black instead of the regular which is a Kuro Kage Silver with a 460 head. I have the regular and really like the club.  I had a Cleveland DST and Callaway FTiQ prior to this and this club is lower spinning than both, and the adjustable loft gives me the ability to dial in the ball flight height.    The net result is that with the Nike...
  The only thing that I am willing to get out of bed for that early in the morning and stand around wearing way to many layers of clothing to fight the cold is tailgating for a football game. 
  I love the color.  Curious, what made you choose the road glide vs. the street glide?  The biggest difference is the frame mounted vs. fork mounted wind fairing.  I have never ridden the road glide, and I always thought the dual headlight front wasn't as attractive as the bat wing front.
  No, a good golf swing will result in a good golf shot, regardless of the club in your hand.  The clubs you bought will be fine to learn with.  As you come to enjoy the game more, you will start to appreciate the differences in the clubs, and then you yourself will be able to start to form an opinion of which clubs are right for you.    At this point in time, enjoy the game.  Don't worry that the clubs you bought didn't cost alot.  Also, never judge a golfer by his...
I can't speak to other brands, because the only nice set of clubs I have ever purchased were pings.  But for $800 for the set of Irons, I got a set that was custom built to my specifications.  The clubs arrived approx. 2 weeks after I ordered them and came with a toe tag that indicated which shaft, grip, etc. That I ordered.    Each club head was weighed, and the final product was verified to all have the same swing weight.  I know for a fact that the sets from big box...
When you say wore out, what do you mean?    When I first started, I got a set from walmart in a dunlop bag, the entire set probably only cost $100.  They lasted longer than 7 weeks, and I didn't know how to play golf at all.  I probably banged those clubs into the ground 1/2 dozen times and they still lasted longer than 7 weeks. 
A few things to consider.  Expensive golf clubs, such as the current year drivers from Nike / etc. typically have higher quality shafts than those made for store brand companies.  It isn't to say that the store brand isn't a quality piece of equipment.  Likely the consistency and feel of the shaft is going to be much improved.    The transfer of Energy from a driver club head to the ball is called COR (I think this is an overly simplistic explination) and it is limited...
  As for the doubling of money, we have always played that only the loser can choose to press.  This will make it so the winner can't "lose money" but the loser has the option to go double or nothing.  I guess this would work best if you broke the game into 3 6 hole matches, with the option for the losing team to press after the 4th hole, to try to win its money back.  I do however like the idea of partners based on which side of the fairway they are on, its a unique way...
this sounds interesting, when you play by handicap, is the score posted the adjusted or the real?    For instance, a player scores a 6, with a handicap a 5.  This is the first number as the other player scored a 7 net 6.    Is that a 56 or 67?
Nice round.    I have had similar experiences.  But, I have had the other hold true as well.    Last week, 5th hole, 390 yard par 4, trouble in the form of tree's on the left, and a dog leg right.  I hit a high fade, end up in the tree's on the left, about 200 from the green.  I look straight ahead, and I see that I can hit a low punch shot, and have open fairway.  If I go 50-150 yards, I will leave myself something between a 150 yard shot off the left rough, to...