or Connect

Posts by clearwaterms

bad habits make for the best stories...   Think about how many great stories start out... "So one night I was out drinking..."
  Why do people believe these stories?  I have been in the IT industry for over 15 years, and can say, matter of factly, that no company is going to give somebody with a degree in 2 year degree  120k a year.  Maybe if that 2 year degree was a master's, and the person already had 10+ years of experience in the IT field.  Or the person has naked pictures of a ranking official in the company.    IT people can do very well for themselves, but VERY VERY few people leave school...
  It's a pretty bike, but I don't know if they are made any more (could be wrong)   But the Ducati Diavel is similar.  Ducati Cruiser that is stupid fast, but semi relaxed rider position.  http://www.ducati.com/bikes/diavel/diavel/index.do   I have not owned a bike for a few years.  I travel too much for work, so that any time I am home, I spend it with my family or my golf clubs.  I try to rent a motorcycle for a weekend once a year, and always rent a harley that my wife...
  Congrats on your new purchase.  What brand of clubs did you get?  If you are not able to hit the 3H, I would suggest instead of spending money on another club, instead spend money on lessons.  Also, I had alot of trouble adjusting to hybrids.  I always tried to over swing it.  My suggestion is to swing it more like your 4 iron, and try to hit it the same distance as your 4 iron or even shorter.  The goal of irons shouldn't be to hit them as far as possible, but to be...
here is an alternative.   Why not give the players votes.  Everybody plays off the differential of the lowest handicap.   player A is a 6 player B is a 9 player C is a 14 player D is a 19   The differential would be a % of the difference between the 2 (say 90% rounded down)  This gives a slight advantage to the best golfer since he is playing his net score, and the other players get a reduced stroke count.  To make in interesting, let the players decide...
  Don't swing so hard.    I recently picked up a 3h Ping G25, and the feel of the club was a little lighter than my irons.  At first I was over swinging.  The net result was a lot of inconsistency.  I grooved the feeling of a shorter back swing with the club (slower, more controlled, and stopping earlier) and worked on grooving the tempo with that back swing and the result was alot more consistency with the club.    think about trying to hit the hybrid 10 yards shorter...
If you book a 4 some, do you get credit for one booking, or 4?  I am just curious how long it is going to take me to book. 
When you do this, do you move forward to a closer tee box? 
I have only used Golf now a handful of times.  Can somebody tell me how you qualify for this free golf?    Thanks
Those are the worst conversations to have.  You are SUPER excited to have hit such a great golf shot, but at the same time FEEL REALLY bad because you just needlessly endangered the group ahead.   A few weeks back I was playing with a group of retired gentlemen.  On the 6th hole, a par 5, I had honors, but playing ready golf, I explained that the group ahead of us was just crossing the 250 stick, and I have hit it to that point in the past (it's a 265+ yard shot to that...