or Connect

Posts by M2R

I agree that if all the card lists is par 5 then it is played as a par 5 (even if that is known to be a ladies par rating).  I have played in forward tournaments several times where it was stipulated that the par and handicap hole designation for the ladies would be used just so everyone was on the same page.  @Jeremie Boop yea the chart wasn't directed at you just someone earlier asked if length guidelines existed and I put in in the same post, sorry for the...
 While that is possible I think it is more likely the tees were only rated for women and if they had both women and men ratings the par would appear on the scorecard as 5/4, at least that is fairly common here when forward tees on holes this short have both ratings. In any case regarding distances (my emphasis added):
 I was but I also thought LSW was about the mental game since I tend to think any decision that can impact my score is about the mental game even to the point of deciding what workout program to follow or not since it is a decision that can potentially impact my scoring. I understand that probably is not the meaning of mental game in general though, actually I don't know what that definition might be.
 Sorta depends on this statement. Are these meant to be distance designations or actual spots where the ball will be hit to. I think you meant the first so: Driver and hope to miss the fairway because playing uphill to a green I can't see running away and shallow just doesn't sound fun and the further away the less fun since even fairly well struck shots at that elevation change don't stop like normal and run out a bit. Also missing right or left with driver is OK compared...
@iacas now I'm confused, I thought the reason for getting LSW is to help with this mental game stuff ...   I agree with that but I'm still really interested in getting my hands on LSW to see what it has to say.
 Only once saw one sort of like that which got left behind on the side of the green.  I remember the medallion was a little different more like a half sun burst or cog? ala MG700. Returned it to the owner and they were not even concerned it was missing, very casual about the whole thing. Speaking of MG700 ...  Holy cow that is $4600 per club if I'm reading that correctly? Anyway on their website they give a warning about grey market and counterfeit clubs but I suppose that...
 Pretty much captures it exactly except driver would fail my "confidence" test so it would be 4W or 5W depending on which was in the bag. Would be interesting if you pick up some things from this thread you might want to try for yourself and then report back the results. I know I often have trouble holes and devise what I think is a good plan but then the course schools me on the detail I missed, frustrating!
Thought this was interesting, R&A The truth about driving distance  Consider Kevin Stadler in 2013, average drive 289.8 yards, drives over 300 yards 33.11%, drives over 320 yards 7.14%, longest listed drive 360 yards. So just picking a number at random (but conservative I think) say Kevin needs the potential to drive the ball 320 to be able to generate a 290 average. The higher the index the more the gap should be between potential and average and considering Kevin...
I would tend to hit the longest club I have confidence in trying to get as close to the green as possible. The FW bunker doesn't look penal enough*, excepting getting unlucky with the lie, to make me thing the risk of trying to drive over it isn't worth the risk. But all that depends on how deep and fluffy it is. And the greenside bunkers are going to be a problem regardless so better to potentially (not likely for me though) bounce a drive into them in 1 stroke than plug...
I went with C because if I can get it past the little tree on the left and short of the bunker on the right I can hit fairly far offline left or right and not be hurt by it.   Then aim third at the 255 dot with a club that will get near 270 distance dot because the further it travels the more it opens up and the majority of my shots come up short so potentially in the center of the green where I want to be anyway.   All assuming it is not dead to go long and the green...