or Connect

Posts by M2R

I agree it doesn't make much sense but it was the first time I attempted such an experiment and it made sense to me at the time. If I started over I would do it differently. But there are threads here that specifically state average distances (Average Distances... How far do you hit each club? and don't lie...), and people often post citing "average driver distance" numbers ... so? I do think it is to my point though that most people are not lying. Online users posting...
I would be hard pressed to think anyone I play with lies about their distance. I could be easily convinced that they are delusional. However I regard lying and being self deluded as separate.  I conclude deluded as some of my golf partners consistently hit 10-20 yards short on virtually every approach shot, week after week, year after year (except by accident). They must really believe X club goes X yards ... or they are insane ... or both.   A few years ago as ~15 index...
Ray Romano did something similar, got to play the Monday after the Masters, same pins, same tees. Shot 106 on his first try and 101 the last time he got to try it. Ray claimed to fluctuate between 14 and 17 handicap (index?) for the first run. http://sports.espn.go.com/golf/masters06/news/story?id=2394886   It could be argued that Monday conditions are not valid in this context and I would tend to agree but my counter would be that from year to year Sunday conditions can...
 Based on the strength of your recommendation (an admitted Murray fan) decided to see it. Have to agree with the praise comment though. After watching it I read a dozen or so reviews and while a few seemed fine more than a few seemed pretty whacked out to me.  +1 I thought it was pretty well done and I liked it.
A 9180S AXIVCore Tour Green?   http://www.amazon.com/UST-Mamiya-Proforce-AXIVCore-Green/dp/B0056HOX7I http://www.yourprogolfshop.com/UST_Mamiya_Proforce_AXIVCore_Tour_Green_Woods.html http://clubmaker-online.com/ust.axiv.html   Can't vouch for any of these potential sources though since I have never used them.
 I think Fiber-X at some point became SK Fiber and they sold a shaft called BM30 Colonial. Of course I don't have any way to know if the Fiber-X Colonial was just renamed BM30 Colonial or totally re-engineered. The BM30 R flex was a 4.5 and the S flex was a 6.0, quite a gap! As for Bill's Z-11s, I would just play with them and see how it goes. Usually within a few round it is pretty clear if it is true Love or DCUWCY.
 It seems you may have (inadvertently) reversed the application of rating and slope. A "USGA Course Rating" is the USGA's mark that indicates the evaluation of the playing difficulty of a course for a scratch golfer under normal course and weather conditions. It is expressed as strokes taken to one decimal place, and is based on yardage and other obstacles to the extent that they affect the scoring ability of a scratch golfer. (See Section 13.) A "Slope Rating" is the...
I would choose to play first.   Playing down to a two chip size opening on the table, I play my chip in  the middle of the two chip size area leaving him with no play on either end.   Playing down to a three chip size opening on the table, I play the middle chip size square forcing him to play either end. Leaving me to play the last chip.   Playing down to a four (4X1) chip size opening on the table, I play my chip covering the middle two chip sized squares forcing...
Chose "who makes the first move" for the reason EJ said "oh", leaves you are holding all the cards.   If it's zero chip size he plays first, if it's two chip size you play first and play the middle to muck each end, if it is three chip size you play first and play the middle forcing him to play either end, other than that play first and when it gets to the last two or three squares make one of those plays.
Hum, from the look in his eyes and the way he is holding his mouth I'm not sure he completely trusts you to pick his golf components - or he is thinking food/sleep, sleep/food ... it could be that too.   Congratulations!