or Connect

Posts by M2R

I agree, I think some people are just uncomfortable in the presence of a gun. I dated a woman once who was apparently afraid of the physical object itself. Went to a friends home for dinner and after dinner he wanted to show me his new P220 so he brought it out, mag well empty, locked open, and placed it on the table. At which point she said "We should be careful or we could be injured or killed". I asked "You mean by the gun lying on the table?" and she responded "yes"....
Hello and welcome!   I am not familiar with Jimmy Ballard and am not an accomplished golfer but loosely in order of what I think is most important here:   The 5SK system (Five Simple Keys®) and the 5SK video thread. Simple, Specific, Slow, Short, and Success - The Five "S"s of Great Practice thread. 65/20/15 Practice Ratios: Where to Devote Your Practice Time thread. 3 Keys to Better Putting thread. Quickie Pitching Video - Golf Pitch Shot...
   You both gave some really good advice on weight loss, thanks for that. I hope you are applying the same logic to your golf games and don't beat yourselves up or get too discouraged if things temporarily backslide in scoring, handicap index, ball contact, or whatever. I think of my golf as being similar to the stock market, in the short term it might look really up and down but over a longer period the overall trend is generally upward progress. For balls...
I am not sure I understand the question totally but I find the evidence that something is indeed changing more in my really poor swings and/or poor contacts, not in anything I am working on or doing.   What I have begun to notice over the last year is that thin and toed shots tend to fly shockingly well compared to what I am expecting based on past experience. At first I just passed it off as a fluke but over time began to realize that my thin and toed shots are flying...
Thanks for doing this thread, I find it very inspirational. It would not hurt me to lose a few pounds... or 50 or so.
 Thank you very much. Quite a lot to capture in three succinct sentences.
 I do not disagree with anything you wrote. I actually never thought if a golf swing is a habit, just that it seemed to fit in rather well with a lot of the brain function pattern descriptions I was reading about. So I started to wonder if there was something to be gained by investigating and discussing it further. I was actually hoping someone here was a trained professional in this area of research that would be qualified to contribute and answer some questions. In the...
I have been doing some thinking about how hard it is to implement meaningful and purposeful change in context to some comments here and my own experience. This started me wondering if there may be difficult for reasons other than simply having done something for a long time or for a large number of repetitions. Looking into some of the research I do think there is more involved and something useful may come from a dialogue. "What we know from lab studies is that it's never...
I would be a bit nervous as here (MA) it is illegal to carry in the manner described even for someone with a class A CCP.   I would also be nervous that if shots were fired in some kind of legitimate self defense scenario, (my understanding of the statistics is) that they tend to hit everything except the intended target.   However, statistics also show that shots being fired by a civilian legally carrying a firearm (out of question for me in the described scenario) in...
 Very interesting, thanks for the candour.