or Connect

Posts by deronsizemore

I was B-Fit for Bridgestone B330-S golf balls   JB Holmes -14 Seung-Yul Noh -14 Ben Crane -14
 This seems to work great for me when I'm hitting an iron, but I cannot for the life of me shorten my driver swing. I don't know if it's the urge to try and hit the ball as hard as humanly possible or what, but even when I feel like I'm taking a 3/4 swing or stopping at A3, I end up passed parallel. Drives me nuts.
Justin Rose: -10 Harris English: -10 Matt Every: -10
I'm usually around. Just not much time to actually interact or post anything. :)
 What's your source? Andy seems to do quite a bit to help people improve, actually. He's been more than gracious with his personal time with me.
  Sorry, I'm not exactly sure what you're getting at by "starting direction of slicers being 15% to the right of the target and lower."   Starting direction is really irrelevent for what we've been discussing. If starting direction is to the right of the target, you can still fade one 10 yards or you can draw one 10 yards with a change in path. All things being equal except the path, they would in theory go the same distance.         Again, the only way spin loft can be...
  Really? I must be looking at it wrong then? The second diagram I posted (http://i.imgur.com/DY34Url.jpg) shows that each different position affects loft and face angle. It appears you can leave the lie the same, but not the loft or face?
  Exactly. It doesn't make sense to say that one flight goes further than the other. Assuming for a second that a fade goes further (for a right handed player) with an positive angle of attack, then guys like Phil Mickelson would be at a disadvantage hitting a fade since their fade curves to the left and other players curves to the right.
  I don't think you can find data from Trackman to show that one flight goes further than another. Unless of course, one or more of the variables are different. Again, you're just tilting spin-axis, so assuming swing speed, smash factor, spin, etc., are all the same, the ball turning left-to-right isn't going to go further or shorter than a ball turning right-to-left.
  I can't see how a positive angle of attack with a driver will make a fade go further than a draw with the same positive angle of attack, assuming everything else is equal of course. I also don't believe a draw will go further with an iron. You can fade an iron just as easily as you can draw it and on both swings have a negative angle of attack with the handle forward.   Remember, you're just tilting the spin-axis. Unless the two swings creating the curve are different...