or Connect

Posts by Fat Slice

Age: 49 Height: 5'10 Where are you from: Alameda, CA How Long have you been Playing: 8 years Best Score: 76 Favorite club in the bag: Driver (not my best, but my favorite) Golf Books / DVD's that have helped you: Golf is not a game of perfect, Golf My Way Where do you play: Greater East Bay Area, NorCal Best courses you've played so far: Pebble, Spyglass, Half Moon Bay, Pasatiempo, Mauna Kea, Waialae. Things you enjoy most about golf:  Fresh Air,...
Congrats - way to pull through on day 2!
I am convinced they are the same ball with "practice" printed on them. I don't think they are blemished or rejects at all. I think it's a market stratification. I don't think people can afford Pentas will stock up on the practice versions, but people who might otherwise buy NXT, etc., will get them. I think the deal is the same with the ProV1. Rich baller guys won't be caught dead with a 'practice' ball, so the ProV1 market is safe from cannibalization. Same for the...
I've had my own business of one kind or another since 1989. My current company (optical fiber sales) is 6 years old and I'll probably stick with it for a while. I've had a computer networking company, a software development/internet application company, and a guitar amplifier company. Having your own company is great but can be a real burden. Balance is always the key!
Vijay clowning around at the masters, skipping the ball over water.
Only if they're running at me swinging one because the cart girl I am mashing is their girlfriend. Otherwise, no, I am not intimimdated by people's clubs.
Uncle Lau: If you are going to Dongguan you must, of course, play Mission Hills. More important than that, however, is you should stay at the Good View Hotel. It's like a mini-city with everything you could want. Food, recreation, entertainment. http://www.tripadvisor.co.uk/Hotel_R...Guangdong.html I am trying to go this month before Christmas for some meetings in Shenzhen - if not, then January for sure.
The LPGA caved: http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/articl...8S73.DTL&tsp=1
Welcome to another S'Pore golfer!
Thank you Uncle Lau - I needed a laugh! I sure hope I can get to play a round or two of golf with you in Johor or maybe Genting Highlands if you want to lose some balls!