or Connect

Posts by JetFan1983

If I was taking an adult to the course for the first time, I'd take them to the range and let them go nuts by themselves for a while. It'd be pretty easy to see what they're doing the most wrong, and I'd tell them about how important it is to get their weight forward, etc. I'd make sure their grip wasn't horrendous as best I could. We'd "work" on the full swing probably for about 40 minutes or so. Obviously nothing crazy, and I use the word "work"...
 Actually come to think of it... this may be a tad too extreme of a feel since you can cup your lead wrist just fine and not really force the right hand to bow/palmar flex as much as the "scooping ice creme" feel would suggest. 
 Are you playing in firm sand? Because that will change a few things in the way you approach the shot.  Also, just to repeat what Erik said in post #56, don't try to hit "well behind the ball." Try to hit only an inch or two behind it. It's possible you're playing in firm sand, and hitting too far behind it can kick the clubhead into the ball, resulting in the worst kind of skull (I'm just guessing though because I've never seen your swing).  Like Mike said above, weight...
Just wanted to add that I think the face on view is a better two dimensional view of seeing bunker technique, but there weren't any DTLs so those can be fun and helpful to watch too.       Agreed. You'll get 'em next time on that bad one.   Yep! I also wanted to echo James's comments on page one too. 
This thread is in need of some DTL views of pros hitting bunker shots  I'll take one for the team here:                 
Yea, the Masters felt pretty weird with Phil not there on the weekend. I already prepared myself for Tiger's absence, but I wasn't ready for both to not be there at the end. It would have been nice to see Phil at least post a number and give Bubba a scare on Sunday. I'm thinking the oblique injury didn't do him any favors heading into that event. 
 I guess I would say the ball.*  It's more so just a visual, or extreme feel, to emphasize that my elbow and right arm have to travel in a different direction than they currently are now. I'm not sure I would necessarily use the submarine feel on the course, but more so, when taking some practice swings in between shots when on the range.  In Ben Hogan's Five Lessons, he talks about using the feeling of "skipping a rock across a still pond" to teach people to hit the ball...
 The submarine pitch is another awesome feel for this too, good reminder. I was actually thinking of it yesterday to be honest. Works pretty perfectly with it.   It really is amazing how important elbow positioning can be for controlling swing path (punch elbowers notwithstanding). Check out the difference between me and Zach Johnson here: Zach's elbows are basically "aimed" at the ball, and now the entire arm package can travel outward and diagonally as well.  Meanwhile,...
I heard this song on a fan video for Melissa Theuriau, and enjoyed it. It kind of reminds me of Radiohead's "No Surprises," a little bit.    Relaxing little instrumental tune.      Oh, if you don't know who Melissa Theuriau is, here's a pic. French news reporter:  
Yea, get some videos up, @saevel25. I'm not saying I'm going to give an opinion that's useful to you, but I'm sure Erik or Mike or others will.    Oh yea, why not throw in a couple chips and pitches from FO and DTL too?*    Still, it's early in the season, so... I guess it shouldn't be surprising. I can only speak for myself, but changes can be tough to bring to the course, even if I've got a solid mental game about the whole thing.   *I've never seen your short...