or Connect

Posts by JetFan1983

Yes, I have. Very informative. Watched it a couple times. I think you're dead on with this assessment. Also, I think if you had the time to play every day, you'd be a very low handicap player, but that's off-topic.  Yea, but the important thing I should mention here about that swing video is that what you are seeing is a very, very fragilé motion. I'm juggling multiple swing thoughts to get the picture to look like that. Right arm fold, short backswing, open hips etc. The...
 Sorry, it was 68 degrees out and I was freezing  Yea, the elbow thought it helping. I really hope I don't have to think about it some day soon because it's not the best thought for solid contact. But man does the backswing look better on video when I fold the arm correctly.  I guess I was just asking if you guys saw anything glaringly stupid that I was doing, just in case I had tunnel vision and couldn't see it. I know the shaft steepens in the early downswing, so that's...
I probably should get a face on too, but here's me hitting a heel cut with driver. Yuck.    I neutralized my grip quite a bit, but it's actually more conventional now. Using the grip Mike posted about here:       I used to grip it all in the fingers with my left hand, meaning it was super, super strong. It was easy as hell to swing in-to-out with that grip, but I had too much trouble controlling the face. So I went to this more neutral setting and was amazing at how...
Stuart Scott's hole in one picture from two summer's ago:   I'll miss him.   
Been a while since I've updated this. I'm working on some of the same stuff.    Backswing swing thought: Fold the trail arm. Downswing swing though: Open hips as much as possible.    Other stuff goes haywire as a result… swing plane gets steep… ehhh, not great obviously, but I'm gonna keep working on these two things until I don't have to think about them anymore. I can hit the ball okay with these thoughts. It'd be nice to trust the shallowing because I know I can...
Yea a golf swing is always going to be stressful on the body because it's such an unnatural action, but a well made one will be less stressful than a poorly made one, FireDragon. I would imagine the biggest benefit is that a good golf swing doesn't twist around the lower back nearly as much as a bad swing does. My not so subtle point here is to listen to what the pros here are suggesting you work on.
 Yea, and sadly I'm still working on it. I think I get it for a while, then I stop filming my swing for a month, and when I look at it again, it's back. So annoying.  Anyway, it's tough work. Mirror work is your friend at home. Make it fold and see how it changes things. Nail some sort of feel down and then when you take it to the range, film yourself hitting a couple shots using the feel.  Unfortunately for me, it's difficult to take that feel to the course. But...
LOL. At least I maintained some flying wedge at impact with the Wii controller. Too bad that didn't translate to the real thing. 
Tiger for me, but my biggest influence was his video game on the Wii. Without that game, I never think about trying golf for real. 
Lennon for me, but I love both. And George. And I love "Don't Pass Me By" so Ringo is cool too.