or Connect

Posts by JetFan1983

Haha, points noted. I'm 99.9% on the side of no. No question that this is a very rare situation you can only find at old, private clubs that are in need of some renovations. But, I voted "yes" because I couldn't absolutely say "no." But the "yes" side of it is so rare it's not worth the vast, vast majority of us caring about at all. So I guess if asked this question again, I would say "no, it's not a problem, but there's this rare situation where..." etc. etc.  
 Worse than this guy? 
 Jack used a Boston accent in Departed. A bad one, but he used it. Who cares though! He's Jack Nicholson! Great in pretty much everything. I watched the Shining the other day, and the scene where he talks to Lloyd the bartender the first time is absolutely outstanding. One of my favorite little scenes in all of cinema. I love how he delivers each line.    This scene plays better within the flow of the movie. Still love it though. 
Mary's posture could use some work.      Sorry, I can't find good angles. It's pretty clear on the show though.         
Wow. I voted before reading any of the responses and was shocked to see I was one of only two total "yes" votes!    OK, so hear me out, guys. I agree with all of your points that argue the "no" side of it. I love fast greens too after all      But the reason I voted "yes" is because of a conversation I had with a former mini-tour pro (now in his 50s) about a nice course that was near us. I asked him what he thought about it and he said, "hate the greens. They're too...
Sorry guys. I'm an idiot.    This is the link to the WSJ article about other pros who claimed to have no lessons: http://online.wsj.com/news/articles/SB10001424052748703730804576321120772595378   I was reading both at the time and copied and pasted the wrong one       What's interesting about Jim Herman (mentioned in the article) is he's kind of a local legend around where I'm from. He was the head instructor at Trump National in Colts Neck, NJ (where Mario...
 Yea, exactly. Hell, look at Erik and Mike! They both plateau'd around a 1.0 handicap? They had to work pretty hard to become pros and exceed scratch golf! To do that, Erik had to seek out intelligent instructors. Mike too. They had to study and work to become experts. Obviously I can't speak for them, but this is just something I've observed over the years as a long time member.  I guarantee you if Mike or Erik had Bubba's talent, they wouldn't be nearly as knowledgeable...
 Jamo. If Erik or Mike calls about that lesson, tell em, sorry. I had to go see about an A7.  OK, that joke made no sense. If I was abandoning lessons Bubba Style, I wouldn't use terms like "A7." Clear plot hole in my character development.   If anyone cares, I found this article from the Wall Street Journal about pro golfers who claim to have never gotten a lesson -- at least in the sense I'm referring to: that no one outside themselves ever changed their actual swing at...
 Jamo: Damn I just bogeyed a hole. JetFan: Jamo... It's not your fault. Jamo: Yea.  JetFan: No, no, listen to me, man.... It's not your fault.  Jamo: Yea, I know. JetFan: No, no you don't. It's not your fault.  Jamo: I know that. JetFan: It's not your fault.... Jamo: Don't do this to me, man. Not you, man. JetFan: It's Erik's fault. Clearly Erik's fault. Jamo: Good point. Next hole? JetFan: Yep!   Just wanted to repeat what I said before that I'm differentiating between a...
Has there ever been an instructor anywhere who has said "yea, I worked with Bubba once. His swing used to be here, and now it's here." To my knowledge, no.    Golf has had idiot savants before. Moe Norman comes to mind. I think Bubba is one too.      Bubba can just play.