or Connect

Posts by RayG

I will second Giga.. Not only for the budgetary and customization issues. Customer service was pretty good when I had an issue with grips that were out of stock. They notified me, I made a change to a grip that was a few bucks more and received them in 3 days with no additional charge. Performance wise, they work well and I'm happy. As for paying $850 bucks- If you are NOT looking for top range shaft and grip options,then a set of the TRX v.11's might run about $200(or...
Look around for any deals on "open box" specials at the big online places for a Driver you find that you like. You can save 25-50% over MSRP. Another suggestion would be Rockbottomgolf- Maybe last years models, but you can get a Top rated NEW driver for half MSRP Again- Makes like Callaway or TaylorMade have pre-owned sections on their web shops as well.
Depends on the course. The 9 holer doesn't have one, so a few practice swings with the Torc swing thing. Another has such a pitiful range, it's hardly worth the effort. A couple of other places, I'll get a small bucket and swing mostly 7 irons to groove the muscles. I'll finish with maybe 6-8 balls using whatever club I'll use on the first hole. Sometimes it's a driver, sometimes a 3 wood. Then maybe 20 putts to get an GENERAL idea of how things are rolling. But I take...
5 or more... all depending on lie, situation, distance, etc... Use the 3,5,7 wds if the grass is relatively smooth but 'grabby', and plenty of room to the hole. Lob,PW, etc.. if there is trouble in front to flop it over. 7-9 for normal chipping or if I need a 'fizz check' stop shot. 10-15 ft over smooth well maintained grass would be a putter with a bit of topspin getting it to roll over the grass.
If you're sinking down and it is causing THAT many problems, then I wouldn't have played. It may as well have been a casual water course...
Okay- I read along here and I just wanted to ask if you were a TWOSOME, or a foursome. You said you paid your $640 for the two of you. And when you showed up at the starter there was another foursome waiting for the same time, and a foursome on the green, etc... If THAT is the case, then there are two sides to the story- Why they put you out as a twosome in the first place? And if you were a twosome- you should have expected a bit of a slow day playing as a 2 in between...
Going back to my original swing. Somewhere along the line, I thought a 'flatter' swing would get me back my little draw and distance... Stuck with it for 2 seasons to try and gain the muscle memory. When it's on, it's ON... Unfortunately- it isn't 'on' enough. Way too inconsistent and costing me strokes. Super snap hook or ballooning slices more times than I like. Also shortened the swing for control (so I thought) and that seemed to have cost yards as well. Last few...
Back when the pros were playing the 'real' wooden clubs, MOST weren't hitting Surlyn balls. The danger was cracking the plastic insert. They played the softer covered Balata balls. The rest of the world could play the surlyns because, as now, the public didn't swing as hard or as pure as the pros.
Try a Pro shop for a three pack. Of course, it will cost about 3X what it should, but you can get them.
I'm not sure what would be the point of trying to hit these new "soft" balls with a persimmon club. A year or 2 ago, I grabbed an older driver from my ""Florida" stash at my Dad's place. It wasn't Persimmon, but an early/mid 90's Taylormade Burner. I hit it a few times along with the R11 I was currently using. The ball was a Callaway iXTour. Admittedly, not he latest in tech compared to today, but a similar comparison. The R11 had a nice sound, with plenty of 'pop' and...