or Connect

Posts by RayG

Well, that might explain 3UP going out of business... at least the ball business.
Well, maybe so, but I hadn't even really paid ANY attention to any small micro-branded product until I became aware of 3UP. I knew there were some "hot" balls out there, but didn't really consider them as any real competition to the big guys. The new batch seem to be able to offer similar performance and quality without the "pro" ball price by taking the word of mouth approach instead of paying big dollars for getting a "name" to play them and having to tack on $$ to the...
Now it seems out of context after it was moved here.. but anyway- That Snell ball, Vice, and a couple of others have popped up since Rob over at 3UP got his ball out there a couple of years ago. Maybe they're looking to get in on the direct to consumer model.Now, 3UP may not have been the first, bit it was among the first I came across, and now there are at least 4 more... Just making an observation. And I would suspect that they arent all that different from each other,...
Seems like Rob and the 3UP crew have started an avalanche of "micro-ball" direct market companies. This one, Vice ball and a couple of others.
The heat cost me a round in Myrtle Beach a couple of years ago. It was late May but temps in the 90's with humidity about the same and sunshine. Played on Monday and it wasn't too bad. Plenty of shade and a quick rain shower about midway cooled things off for a bit. Wednesday was a scorcher, no clouds, or much shade out there. Walking around on the greens was like the proverbial skillet. You could feel it through your shoes. No dawdling over putts, that's for sure. Made it...
yeah, I got those too. about 20 or so within a minute or so. It was while I was offline, so they all lined up in a bunch. I figure a technical glitch. Not unheard of these days. select all and delete. Not really a reason to junk them. Unless it happens too often. And as mentioned I received no emails from them on ANY account since. Which, I think, would mean it was a technical glitch and they're trying to fix the issue. I wouldn't be surprised if there is a follow up...
I tried to flatten my swing a bit last season. Gave it the whole season to get into memory. Didn't work. After 40+ years, the flat swing would not mesh with the timing memory already in there. When it worked, it really worked. but more times than not it was a super flare right or a pull hook. I've just figured I would empty my head and try and get that 16 year old me and his "natural" swing to come out. A little higher hands at address, a bit more upright again along with...
Did I miss a post? When Dick's bought Top Flite, did they turn it into a Dicks/Golf Galaxy exclusive product? None of the others seem to list them anymore.
As mentioned, NO CARD WATCHING. Play 18 one hole rounds. Not 1 18 hole round. You aren't playing for millions of dollars, so why worry as if you are? And if you ARE playing for money you can't afford to lose, then don't. IF it's a quarter here and there, what are you worrying about. pay the 25 cents and move on. A couple of years ago, I was "en Fuego" at a course we play occasionally, finished the 14th hole and my friend says, "Hey, you're one over...!" I nearly clocked...
Right- go out and spend all the time practicing to get out of traps... Then improve the rest of your game enough that you don't hit into them any more, or rarely. Then forget EVERYTHING you practiced in the first place.