or Connect

Posts by RayG

I will throw this out to ANYBODY. Depending on how old the putter itself is, It may have "gone awry" after years of use and/or abuse. Lie angles, face angles, lofts can get screwed up. It may LOOK and FEEL alright, but using a square guide can quickly show the problem. This may be a reason as well, not just "technique". sometimes it IS the arrow, NOT the Indian. So before you spend a lot of time and or money on a putting lesson, be sure the putter itself is in spec. Could...
The Majors have turned into any other mainstream professional sport. Fans on site mean NOTHING to the bottom line. TV rights payments fill the coffers. If it WERE possible, NFL, MLB ,NBA, NHL teams would play in a vacuum. A building with just the area needed to play. no fans would mean no expenses to cater to the fans. No ushers, security, etc...Take a look at some of the secondary tours on TV. There's nobody watching other than family and REALLY dedicated fans. The...
Oh, really? Did you then ask about courses like Augusta, Merion, Olympic, Pebble Beach, St. Andrews, or any OTHER course played by the tour. The (what we now call) "tips" were added AFTER and continue to be moved back. When Par 5's were built at 500 yards or so, the idea was, Driver, 3 wood or long Iron, wedge. Greens were small and well guarded. Something a wedge shot was meant to overcome. Now, That same course has probably pushed it's tees back to 600 plus trying to...
What? testing a putter? Never. ANY NEW PUTTER is the best putter EVER... until it stinks and you buy another BEST PUTTER EVER!
"So I stink, why can't I play from the tips as long as I keep up?" Because you CAN'T keep up if you are that bad. If you are clacking along shooting 8's, 9's and 10's it is impossible to take the same time as a par or bogey shooter. I don't care HOW fast your cart is. You are looking for balls in the woods, attempting the hero shot from said woods, then looking for THAT shot that ricocheted all over the woods. When you don't find that one, you're dropping on the edge of...
"Gorman"? that's my surname... where did you come across these?
look at the front of the ball for irons, wedges, chips, etc... But for Driver, I will try and watch the club hit the bottom half of the back of the ball. This kind of helps to keep my head back behind the ball and prevent getting out in front and overcompensating with a nasty snap hook.
But wait, aren't you supposed "try and hit UP on the ball so you don't hit the ground"?
I went with front pin. Reasoning being that MOST would be tucked behind a bunker or a water feature. Not all, but the front is that risk reward thing. A back pin- at least at a normal public muni isn't really near any danger because they're putting it where they can since they ALL can't be in front. Another reason would be that the majority of greens would slope back to front, making a shot past the hole a downhill affair. A safe shot to the middle would leave an uphill...
I was preparing a similar post after letting my anger subside so the whole post wasn't full of expletives and rants. A day of complete lack of any ability in any aspect of the game other than putting(more or less) this isn't some newbie who is pissed off after a series of 6 lessons at Golf Galaxy. I too, have been playing for 40+ years, played as low as a 4 but mostly hung around 8 for many years while I played more often. took a few years off in my mid 30's, but came...