or Connect

Posts by RayG

I'm sure that my Super Stroke 3.0 would fit into most bags. I guess I'm lucky that I have a specific chamber on the Ogio carry bag for it. It is an oversize slot that has no trouble handling the 3.0 and could probably swallow a larger one as well. I have also made a small concession to back issues by sticking one of those "Halo" ball pickups in the putter. It came with a clip so the putter can hang on the outside of the bag while on the pushcart or golfcart, but when not...
oops, almost forgot... The mention of Wentworth and Crescent Oaks kind of sealed my theory. BOTH of those courses were strictly private at one time. Ace must have had some say over the policies to try and generate revenue from outside play. Crescent Oaks was open to public until they filled out their Membership, then went totally private. As of a couple of years ago, I noticed they were back to a semi-private club with outside play. I liked it just after it opened- then...
They have certainly changed their website in the last few months. There used to be a little link that said "Be a Member for a Day". It wasn't easy to spot, so they seemed to try and keep it low key. It was a decent rate- certainly a LOT cheaper than next door (TPC Tampa Bay). Now it is certainly readily available for outside play- probably like many other "Private" courses in the area, they are allowing outside play to stay alive. I had planned to play when I was down a...
A pool on the over/under for the mention of the word "patrons". How many balls in the water on 12 and 16 How often Tiger Woods is mentioned Who is first mentioned as the "best player not to win at Augusta". Biggest "Choker" (a Johnny Miller favorite)
Switched last year to a Super Stroke 3.0 I certainly noticed a difference in the putts from about 10 feet and in. Outside of that, no real change in feel or make-ability. The one downside that I came across- many putts that would have missed completely turned into lipglancers and lipouts. Eventually, more went in than lipped out though.
Sometimes you just have to bite the bullet and give a shot a try. Using whatever club you think will do that particular job. If you think the gap is wide enough, or the lie is good enough, then give it a go once in awhile. You will gain confidence later on and might be able to shave a stroke or two in a round. My latest "get out of trouble" club is my R11s fairway. From under trees, behind trees, etc... I can work in it low in either direction most of the time. Just last...
Several years ago, a soggy day after a rain storm that lasted a few days. Drilled that perfect draw to follow the dogleg. Watched it splash so we knew about where it landed. Except we get out there and there are about 50 ball sized holes pockled all over the fairway but no ball in sight. I kind of figured I would be in one of them- but which one. I figured I must be in one of the further ones on the left side since that was the line. Stuck my hand into a likely candidate...
The range is for thinking. On the course- there is no think, only do.
Woods off a tee should either be "swept" or hit on a upward arc. Lowers the spin rate and decreases slices or hooks. Off the deck- a sweep or SLIGHTLY descending blow. You don't chop down on it like a pitching wedge. Other than maybe a 5 or 7 wd or hybrid out of the rough to chop one out, maybe.
appears so... http://www.golfsmith.com/product/30084519/taylormade-r1-driver