or Connect

Posts by RayG

Moe Norman...
Probably best for those sand courses in the Middle East...
"Steady head" is a better description than "Keep your head still", which, as you mentioned seems to restrict a free flowing swing. Some has to do with which eye is dominant. Most people who are right handed are right eye dominant, so for some people it's a bit of a cross up to "keep your eye on the ball". I happen to be opposite- I am right handed but left eye dominant. This enables me to cant my head a bit to the right which keeps the ball to my dominant side of vision. I...
Mid to upper 30's... It was in February with a bright sun and no wind. I was down to shirtsleeves by the 5th hole. I DID have long johns on, though. Unfortunately, about the 10th hole it started clouding over. the breeze picked up a bit, then it started snowing. Real squall line of snow pushed through. Temp hadn't really dropped and the ground was warmed up by the earlier sun so it didn't really stick in fairways or on the greens. It finally stopped a few holes later and...
This has been around for a looooong time. If you can hit a 5 iron 170 yards, you can reach up to a par 5 of 510 in 3, shorter holes in less with 2 5's and a wedge or something. IF all you are interested in is scoring well and keeping big numbers off, then it's the way to go. Only thing is, it doesn't look good in the "manly" department . Gotta hit a big stick once in awhile! If you go a bit wayward with the driver, put any thoughts of miracle shots out of your head. Just...
I thought maybe they couldn't figure out the timing on the windmill...
a month... low 80's... okay, I'll call shenanigans...
yeah, yeah, penalty, blah,blah.... But that's if it actually goes in, and the rest are usually gimme's and the flagstick isn't touched anyway. Granted, those shouldn't count to a hdcp, but....
Bubble wrap, extra towels, whatever can get as much extra padding without making it too heavy or bulky. PLUS- As I've used soft sided bags since forever on various trips all over- you can pack other necessities in there. A few extra shorts, T-shirts, socks, undies, etc... So if you can only pack 3-4 days worth of necessaries in your carry on, you can certainly get a couple of extra days worth in your golf bag. PLUS- if it's checked you can put larger bottles of sunscreen,...
Fly JetBlue or Southwest. JB has ONE free bag, SW has 2 free bags. Get a decent soft-side travel bag with wheels, the hard cases are a beeyotch to tote around and won't fit in some rental cars unless you want them to be in the passenger seat. Even with a soft side, use towels, bubble wrap and a broom handle cut to the length of your driver plus an inch or so, and stick a tennis ball on the end of it. Put it in the bag in the event of a header by the handlers. Other than...