or Connect

Posts by RayG

Exactly- you don't hit 30 drivers in a row on the course, right?This also comes in handy around here in the winter or cooler months when the heated range is a bit crowded. You can play with a buddy by switching off and playing the same holes.
After using both, Push cart is my new favorite. As mentioned, my shoulders don't kill me after 12-15 holes.
After a set of 10-12 swings, I'll back off a rest for a bit. After the third set, I'll maybe go inside for a coffee or a gatorade depending on the weather. About a third of the way through, I might break for a smoke (I know, I know... just lost 25 pounds. one thing at a time) and walk around. If I just pounded away for the 130/140 balls in the bucket, I would be a nutcase after 60 swings. I also will break it up by picturing various holes and playing those. Use a driver...
IT was the site of history... apparently, for Kim Jong Il"After picking up a golf club that day for the very first time in his life, the Dear Leader of the Democratic People's Republic of North Korea fired a 38-under-par round of 34 at Pyongyang. According to the 17 security guards who observed the performance, the score included an amazing 11 aces. Naturally, the event was dutifully reported to the North Korean masses by the state news agency."
Last weeks round was a bit better with a small change to my swing. So I ranged it a couple of days to work on the tweaks. First off, I have flattened my swing in the last few years and that has helped a bit. I was getting a bit lumberjack out there. While flattening, I have working on hand location and club/arm angle. When I was good I kept a straighter line down the arm and thru the club. Seemed to work for me- a 'natural' as I have been told since I was twelve. Somewhere...
Wasn't there an earlier post on here about a guy trying to Kickstart his version of a GPS watch? It used your phone to transmit info via Bluetooth. Less strain on the battery of the phone, but it wouldn't be quite as robust or detailed as GPS dedicated watches. Can't remember what the price point he was shooting for, though. More than a couple of hundred and it's not such a deal. Especially with that new Izzo mini down to $125 or something. Less than a hundred, it could...
"Sure, but if there is group behind you waiting you hopefully wave them through. The pace of play when the course is reasonably full and crowded is one aspect of the issue. The other aspect, though, is when the course is not crowded and we get the golf equivalent of the guy driving at 55 in the left lane holding up traffic because by gosh he is going the speed limit...." Of course we'll let them through, and even THAT has a system that will allow as little as time as...
I'm not speeding around in 2 hours because someone ELSE is doing it for no other reason than to brag at the clubhouse about getting around in 2 hours. I didn't say I was was lumping around at a 6 hour pace slowing everyone else down, either. I've been behind, in front, and played with "Rabbits" on days when the PACE dictates 4+ hours. They will constantly hit up on the group in front, then barely wait for the group to clear the green. Finish putting out, and race to the...
I personally think the "keep your head still" mantra is a bit over the top. You CAN'T keep your head absolutely still and expect to have a fluid motion in your swing. Keeping it "relatively" still AND behind the ball through the swing is a better tip to try and teach. Even at that you can still see someone top, shank and clank their way around because they are trying to see where the ball is going before they hit it. I got a tip a few years ago to keep my head behind the...
The choices are 4-1/2 hours or keeping up with the group in front. I want to play at a pace that is comfortable for the day. If I get behind a group of "Rabbits", that are out there just to get 18 holes in under a certain number because they can, then I'm letting them go. I'll play at whatever the PACE of the day might be. Not what SPEED the guys in front are playing.