or Connect

Posts by golfdad

therefore, peyton is not a fitting candidate to compare with tiger. tiger is a global brand. peyton is an american icon. the fact that peyton is doing well off field despite whatever rumors and tiger is in hiding is self explanatory in that their situations have never been remotely similar.
since i have never signed any athletes to any dollar amt, you would have excuse me for not being able to validate the assertion that only men are the targets of tiger's ads (cars, phone service, beverage, etc) and, i don't underestand how can manning be compared with tiger, to use the manning template to try to contain the issues confronting tiger. different scales, people.
i have no argument with your logic, except here is my question, to go further on this... assuming tiger comes out playing soon and starts winning again, and, at the same time, he continues to develop more personal and embarassing issues that he cannot openly discuss, you still think, based on the reasoning that he kicks ass in his arena and have his ass kicked in his personal life, that advertisers would flock back?
never say never. there is always a possibility. if i have 100 dollars to bet, i would put 99 dollars on "things won't be the same again" and donate the one dolla to kids lead astray by tiger i define kids lead astray as those kid who think if you are good in sports, you can be all you can be. america loves underdogs and comeback stories. but tiger is no rocky. what he did has zero redeeming value. at least half of the world population, aka, the females, barring...
the majority of his net worth has come from endorsements, not from golf earnings. prior to the car wreck saga and the revelation thereafter, tiger's image has been what advertisers would die for: multicultural/global appeal, competitive/talented, family value with kids and wife, role model for kids with foundation, etc. the wholesome package is made of those 4 items and now he is missing the latter 2, if not 3. tiger owed the corporate world for getting where he has...
concur. i would go further by asserting that even TW himself would find that ridiculous.:) on his foundation,,,it is a shame that small kids have to learn life lessons from tiger this way. a real shame. his foundation is not about golf, mind you. it is about teaching kids to be better citizens, to take responsibility, to have integrity.
i agree in theory that that is the correct assessment. however, in reality, when the shaft is horizontal, i am not sure how many can reliably assess shaft angle to start, let alone something perpendicular to that. it may be too spatial-orientationally challenging for many,,, perhaps for most folks, it is easier to start with the gross concept and feel of being "vertical" and then trial and error to fit individual needs.
that is an interesting proposition then. with that logic, we can argue over things till the cows come home. :) simply because there are 2, scratch that,,many sides to a coin does not mean all sides of that coin cannot be and should not be explored. the whole process of learning is about expanding our cranium. it is not too much work. it is clinical research on ourselves by ourselves. that is how life works! and, guess what? making mistakes is fun! until and...
i think b-con summarized very well the issues facing golfers when putting. i like the comparison with b ball where with golf, the availability of time may work both ways and often against the golfer. first of, we have to define art,,,is it about creativity, superior skills or even something metaphysical, like the effects left upon us from say, some paintings or music? are there some elements of inborn potentials when it comes to reading the green correctly or feeling...
if you insist that one thing to be picked at to be more ideal :), i would suggest that your lower body can lead the upper body even more. play around with the target view video and try to pause it somewhere on the downswing segment prior to impact--i paused at the frame where the shaft was parallel to the ground. i think you can appreciate the fact that as you enter into the impact zone with your arms (good lag and position), your lower body has not initiated much turn...