or Connect

Posts by wachesawgolfer

I did not even think it was possible to break a graphite shaft on the leg as it is too strong and flexible. Most people I see breaking them do so on the golf cart or a tree. But if you cut the shaft even just a little with a hack saw it will break like candy in your hands. Big reason to make sure your shafts are not damaged or cut as they will self destruct on impact, if they are.
I just reread the book and am going to give it another try. I like the fact the early break he describes puts the club perfectly on plane at the top if you can judge from a "swingguide" attachment. I have always felt the reason people are so inconsistent is inconsistent backswings and this technique minimizes that faults of being too steep or too shallow, laid off or armsy in the backswing.
Hope we helped to some extent. You made an excellent video. Best of luck this season.
[QUOTE=Slicer McGolf;264308]it started well, with the down move, but the ending here is completely wrong. Lowering the arms transfers the weight? Not likely. How can a vertical move transfer weight horizontally? This is the problem people have with golf. They never experiment with their bodies to see how things work. Read Ben Hogan's book he talks about how the whole body is connected, that is turning the hips brings the arms down. Next time you get the chance...
From the top, swing down not out. Simply extend the right arm straight down and the left arm slides down the chest. Simply lowering the arms transfers the weight to the front foot and will turn the body. Keep the shoulders back and the left arm on the chest as long as possible. As soon as the left arm comes off the body at the top, it breaks down, left wrist folds backwards to the target to allow the outside in swing path. This uplofts the decelerating clubhead resulting...
I play to a 10 or so and my best rounds have been with blade clubs. No real difference at all to me. I found if I make a bad swing, my club, no matter what it is, doesn't seem to care and will not come to my rescue. How many times have we hooked, sliced or shanked a sand wedge? With all that loft and the club just doesn't care or forgive. Its been said over and over again, its not the arrow, but the archer. Clubs are more about proper fitting than head style. A blade you...
I cannot agree with much of what you say. A golf club is just a golf club. Ones mental attitude and focus is way more critical than one's golf club. Most pros are playing cavity backs that are close to blades in terms of size, offset and lofts and have miminal cavity. In reality they play like blades and are just as workable. Modern pros grew up with cavity back clubs and are simply familiar and comfortable with them. Very few, if any, play Game Improvement irons which...
I always say the same thing. Buy a component blade, say a 6 iron head, get fitted and play with this club or use it at the range. You will quickly see, it will not bite you but plays just like a golf club. But, it lets you know if hits are off and really hums when you catch one well. The big edge is chipping around the greens, very easy to learn the feel to find the holes into makable range. Years ago there were only blade irons, thats all anybody could buy. No money in...
Keeping the head still is probably bad advice at best as it inhibits the turn back. The head needs to move back from the ball as the body turns with the correct weight transfer to the rear foot. The problem is with your rear leg bracing if you sway. Set up so your rear knee is inside your rear foot; you should be able to place a shaft on the inside of that foot and it touch the outside of the knee. Now swing back and make a full backswing without the knee crossing the...
Uh, why don't you keep the 3 iron and use it for practice at the range. Once you get used to hitting the 3, the mid irons will seem easy. Seems like an inexpensive training aid at this point.