or Connect

Posts by cubdog

Creamer and Gal definitely! Actually there are a lot of excellent dressers on the LPGA although I'd need to give it more thought in order to name anyone else specifically. Not a bad assignment though.   cubdog
Enrico Pieranunzi...Permutation   cubdog
I'm pulling for her as well. She's been though a lot the last few years. It's hard to believe she is still only 30 year old. cubdog
I like that rule. I remember around I played in Denver years ago. Anyone who's spent any time in the Mile High City knows how fickle it's weather can be. When we started the round it was in the 60's and sunny. On the 18th hole it was in the 30s with white out conditions. The 18th green was now a white one. The funniest part was when we went into the pro shop the pro told us if we wanted to keep playing it was on the house. We declined. cubdog
Bill Evans...Alone
Yeah but if I could figure out away to speed my friends up I would. I clocked 9 holes in 43 minutes a couple weeks ago and I wasn't even in a hurry. I'm not complaining though, most of my friends, and wife play pretty fast too. It's funny, we do have one friend, among our regular group, who is painfully slow. We let him know it too but it doesn't seem to help. Actually, he isn't that slow buy today's standard but he certainly is methodical. cubdog
I haven't had one in years but when I was younger, stronger, and played at altitude, [Denver], I'd get one on occasion. It was a lot easier for me to reach par the 5s in two back then. Length is key. I'm a better golfer now but rarely reach in two. I've never had an eagle on a par four or had an ace either although I've been pretty close many times.   cubdog
Slow play is a complex problem. There are so many factors involved that any additional information will benefit course owners and managers. I think slow play is a bigger problem in cities and resorts where they need to have shorter intervals between tee times. That might be one of the biggest factors but it's hard to blame the owners. Running a golf course, as we all know, is expensive.   BTW, I typically play 18 holes, with a cart, in under two hours. Of course that's...
There is a lot of volatility at the top of the LPGA rankings. I like that. Park, Lewis, Ko, and Wie among a few others will be fighting hard to get that number one spot. Keeping it for any stretch of time may be difficult. Next year will be fun to watch how it all plays out.   cubdog 
Stan Getz...Apasionado   cubdog