or Connect

Posts by LongballGer

I like how you resort to personal attacks everytime you can´t win an argument.    
  Then why does it take Tiger 2+ years to make a swing change hitting it worse and less consistent during that time? Are you saying that his instructors suck?     I doubt they were working with a trackman or drew lines on a video screen. I imagine the advice they got from their instructors was "Work on tempo", "Swing smooth" and then were left alone. Nicklaus said he saw his instructor once or twice a year.       lol, what else is he supposed to say?       You hit a shank...
        "2. Technique is not important because is does not yield immediate results"        As I said if you can compress the ball and have a predictable shot pattern IMO that´s all the technique you need. After that the only thing that will make you more consistent is practice. If technique was the primary determinant for consistency guys like Eamon Darcy, Jack Nicklaus, Ray Floyd would have never been able to break 90.       "3. Once a player achieves good technique,...
I never said a golfer with "no swing flaws". I could make a list of almost every swing fault there is and then show you a player competing at the highest level that has this certain "fault".   I´m also not saying that golf instruction is worthless provided your instructor knows what he´s doing. If the guy that hits 50000 balls works with a good instructor IMO he´ll improve faster than the guy that just goes at it alone. However if you have an instructor that constantly...
They basically refer to it as a shot that moves from left to right.   There are two different ways to do this. You can either hit a cut by opening your stance and opening the face a little at address a la Freddy Couples or you can set up with a square stance and cut across the ball with an out to in swing path a la Martin Kaymer.  
I have never seen anyone become more consistent after a golf lesson in my life unless he had an obvious move that didn´t enable him to hit the ball properly (reverse pivot, scooping etc...). Do you teach a lot of high handicappers or beginners? What you notice in advanced golfers is that after an immediate technique change their better shots might get better (more distance, tighter shot cone etc) but their worst shots also get worse. He´s gonna hit tops for example that...
You kinda contradicted yourself in the first sentence.   Why is it that when you make a swing change that is supposed to eliminate barriers to consistency you start to get worse first and even less consistent?   Shouldn´t you immediately start to become more consistent with a better technique?