or Connect

Posts by -BAMA-

do yall usually practice with the wedges you play or do you use an old one with similar loft/bounce?? reason i ask... when i got my vokeys, i didnt want to wear them out with the all the balls i pitch/chip around my backyard everyday....so i bought a cheap, used ping tour 54 to pitch around my backyard with. (sometimes i hit up to 200 balls a day) well... after practicing with it so much, i've found out that i'm more confident with it.. so out came the vokey and in...
(to the OP) me and you are similar handicaps, so i can probably give you some fairly sound advice on this subject... i've played everything from a true blade to a MB to a SGI to a small cavity back in the last 10 years, here's my honest unbaised thoughts on them.. the blades i played were an old set of macgregors. (70's model, they were hand me downs from my grand dad), i played them from when i was 14-16 years old.. when i hit them pure i was in complete control...
blades are not *that* hard to hit. i played 3 rounds of golf in Tennessee when i was visiting my mom with a set of borrowed wilson staff tour blades.. i shot my usual scores... the rounds were actually alot more satisfying... i still dream about that 210 yard 4 iron into the wind that came to rest 2 ft from the hole....
congrats. if i had the cash i'd buy a set of mp52's right now. i doubt anybody will pick on you for using iron covers, i see people with them every now and then
my mp 001 3 wood. i bleed confidence everytime i address the ball with this club, whether its off the deck or off a tee. my 2nd favorite is my driver... 3rd fav is most definetly my lob wedge... can't live without it either...
i dont think mizuno needs a huge advertising program. their clubs speak for themselves. i've seen alot of mizuno clubs in better golfer's bags... ALOT. especially the mp33's.
ive been hit in the arm before when i was standing on a par 3 green waiting on my buddy to putt. that guy was an idiot, i just threw his pro v1x into the water and walked to the next teebox.
this is what i do also.
i change clubs every now and then... mostly drivers and wedges like most other people. i'm not concerned with having the newest clubs out there, i dont buy into GD's obsolete list hype, i like to play clubs that look pretty at address, no matter how forgiving they are... most of my clubs are old except the putter and wedges
i average 230-235 with the occasional 270 yard drive, but those are few and far between.. i'm quite happy with my driver distances, i almost always have a decent shot at the green if i get it in the fairway...