or Connect

Posts by -BAMA-

honestly, the modified putter looks better than it did stock. if it works.. keep using it, dont worry about what other people say. the monetary value of the putter only comes into play if you plan on selling it... i rarely ever sell my old clubs, i usually keep them in the garage or give them away so i dont care what anything's worth after i buy it...
i know cutting 1" off my driver shaft will change the swingweight and it wont fly as far... but will it make a huge difference?? i'm looking for a bit more control with my driver, and i honestly dont like these newer longer shafts.. i'm contemplating cutting down one of my old drivers that i've retired to see if i'll like it. have any of you guys tried this?? if so, what effect did it have?? i know this thread has been posted before, ive searched but the info i've...
no it doesnt fall out... this drill helped my control issues with my irons alot... however i developed a flatter and shorter swing because of this and its hurt my driving i developed a habit of tucking my right elbow into my ribcage and keeping it there untill just after impact... ive been working on getting rid of this problem but havent had any success yet...
driver: B- irons: B+ wedges: A- putting: F overall game : C+ my irons and wedges are the strongest part of my game. i make most of my pars when i miss the green in regulation because i can chip/pitch better than i can putt... a GIR almost always turns into a bogey. i blame the fact that i'm always playing different courses, going from bermuda to bentgrass to temp greens.. i cant seem to get my stroke and distance control down. driving is somewhat reliable.....
no they're not overrated. they're priced similar to most major oem's wedges... i love mine. i cant imagine playing anything else...
that is bullcrap. i suck at golf and i can hit a 2 iron better than a hybrid. their kool-aid has got to be tainted. i was surprised they mentioned most mid-high handicappers should ditch their 3 woods... i never take their hot lost issues seriously, it always seems as if they're being bribed by certain manufacturers... however.. i do look forward to the reviews of the new maxfli balls....
x3 on the steelhead. ive had my original steelhead 4 wood since around 2001 and i just recently replaced it with a ping rapture 17*. (it's stamped as a 5 wood but it carries a 4 wood loft) the steelhead was great, very versitale and went a long way... but the face was so worn out from repetitive use over the years that i decided to replace it... the ping rapture was the only FW besides the g10 and TM burner that i liked... it has a deeper face than most fairway...
ingram is stoppable. Auburn had him and their entire offense shut down untill the last drive.. but i do think bama will win. im kinda hoping they dont cause i dont want to hear all this "rammer jammer yeller hammer" crap and RTR all day long next week at work.... yeah you guessed it.. i'm an auburn fan...
while i love pings... if i had the game i'd go with mizuno. my mp fli-hi 3 iron is absolutely amazing. i can't imagine what it would be like to have a whole set of mizuno irons... ive heard so-so reviews about their woods... but i could probably get used to them quickly.... if only they made balls.....
when i had my hogans i carried a 52,56, and 60* vokey set... but since ive gotten my g5's, ive pulled the 56* vokey and kept the 54* ping sw and bent the vokey 52 to 50*. i like the extra bounce of the ping sw for shots out of the rough and i'm more comfortable with it for full shots.. my g5 set came with a 58* LW but that quickly got thrown in the garage, i like to be able to lay the face open on my 60* when i need to... the g5 wedges spin quite a bit for being...