or Connect

Posts by David in FL

Me too.A job, any job is only worth so much to any company, in any industry. If it gets to the point where the cost exceeds that value, companies look for alternatives. That actually benefits us consumers too. Another option would be to increase prices to offset the additional cost, to the detriment of that very customer demographic.Yep.
It's an especially poor business model that relies significantly on it's own employees for a large percentage of their customer base.If their labor costs can be reduced enough, there might even be room in the margin for a reduction in prices. That could be used strategically to actually increase unique customer acquisition.Just a thought...
Interesting. When the cost of labor becomes more expensive than the value that a company feels they receive for that labor, it's worth noting that the company always has options. Something that the "living wage" proponents should remember...
Those who have been around here for awhile understand the significance of my Avatar. Every year my daughter (sadly, now long out of her girl Girl Scout uniform) gets up at the crack of dawn to go out with her Godfather (like me, a retired Marine) and my Eagle Scout Godson to place flags at the grave-sites of service men and women at our local veteran's cemetery. This year, the tradition continues...... I'd ask that as we head out to the course, the beach, or just get...
Did you have a good feel for your yardages with your previous set of clubs? If so, just go play golf. In less than a round you'll have a very good idea how your new clubs differ from the old.
 And it sounds as if you've started the, ahem.......celebrating a little early!      I also carry an epipen, for my daughter.  Very prudent.  Like a gun, and unlike a defibrillator, it's also small and relatively convenient to do so.

Question:  Why do you carry a gun? Answer:  Because a cop is too big! 
 I'm making a reasonable inference, based on long, personal experience with firearms and people who carry them.  Those that believe that simply because someone chooses to arm themselves that they're somehow more of a threat to the general public, are the ones that are making a completely unsubstantiated assumption.  Not out of spite, but usually just out of their own ignorance of the subject.     My comment was more of a general comment, less to do with the subject of this...
I disagree with the highlighted. From our perspective, I think the first definition is what we mean by potential. More specifically, the chance or possibility that something (a certain score) will happen the next round of golf you play. After all, that's how the hcp is applied....