or Connect

Posts by supercow

Duval does something similar. I've also fiddled around with this technique (rotating your head toward target prior to impact) and I think it has helped to reduce some strain in my lower back, gain a bit of distance, as well as gain a little bit more control. Takes a bit of getting used to though... (especially with regards to timing. Go too fast/slow and the head movement can impact on your swing negatively.)
http://thesandtrap.com/forum/showthr...hlight=vinegar
Believe it or not there are stroke monitors for putters these days http://www.perfectstroke.org/catalog...=SAM%20PuttLab Most of the time though, I think its a case of trail, error, and practice...
You're talking about X Factor theory, right? If I recall correctly, the average hip turn on tour was 45 degrees and shoulder turn about 90 degrees. However, it should be noted that there was some misintepretation of this theory by many people in the golfing community...
- too much sliding (feel as though you maintain your knee flex in your back leg on the way back) - bad balance (caused by bad setup, nothing you can really do about this except be more careful during your pre-shot routine) - footwork is sloppy (notice how your both your left/right knee's both change knee flex in your driver swing?) - swing plane seems a little steep (can't really tell though since you don't have a videos directly behind you) - just swing the club (looks...
I've heard of one teacher who actually advocated attempting to hook the ball when you were slicing and doing vice versa when you were hooking. Not exactly my cup of tea but hey, its an option (albeit a very bad one in my opinion).
1) Pick target from behind 2) Align clubface with target 3) Grip club with left 4) Take stance and complete grip 5) Relax/Waggle 6) Swing
Have to wonder whether he has stronger lofts/longer shafts on his irons if he's hitting 180 yard 8 irons...
The Burner encompasses "Superfast Technology" (i.e. a really long and light golf shaft which makes it easier to hit it further but as you've discovered can make you rather wonky). Based on test results I've seen the FT-i basically spins a heck of a lot more than the average driver of the same loft (which therefore makes it easier to hit straight but at the expense of distance (as you've discovered)). So, its a combination of both factors at play here, both club and your...
38" for me.