or Connect

Posts by loopy

Looks good so far!  Cool I've got an avatar I'm guessing it's a default, but I'm cool with it.
I've had the driver for about 1yr+.  I actually don't hit it all that bad.  Usually the first couple of tee shots are pretty good nice little draw,  but later on it can turn into a straight push or block.  Sometimes I get a little quick and will hit a low hook.  Not really unhappy with it, just thought with Santa on his way maybe I'd do a little experimenting.  When I initially got fit for it the Nike guys suggested maybe putting a three wood shaft in it if the length...
Thinking of trying something with a new driver shaft combo. Right now my dirver is a Nike 5000 9.5 degree loft with a GD YS 6+ stiff shaft at right around 45". What I was thinking was maybe a Ping g10 9 degree with a heavy weight regular flex three wood shaft. I play stiff shafts in my irons and figure accuracy there is more impaortant than distance, however sometimes I fell I might be "working" to hard with the driver. As far as swing speed with the driver I've seen...
Home course...dunno. There are four near me that I usually play. Thunderbird Hills(North and South). South course is definaterly the easiest wide open little trees(course is fairly new). North is probably considered parkland style tree lined. First hole at North par 5 with a large tree in the middle of the fairway about 100 yds out form the green..definately a three shotter for me. Wousickett is another local course nothing great but reasonable priced. #18 I still...
Thanks iacas...kinda what I thought after a little online research. Sounds like it will probably be the casio if I can talk Santa into it so the DSLR will have to wait. Thanks again.
Hope this isn't considered thread jacking; but...I'm also thinking of gettin a new camera I'm torn between the casio ex fh25 which for the money seems like the best investment for video and my constant tinkering with my swing, however, I might like to start tinkering with photography (hobby wise) and really like the DSLR's. Is the fh25 enough camera with enough adjustablilty for stills? Price and the high speed video keep bringin me back to the casio. Thanks in advance.
Sometimes with the longer clubs people tend to try to swing harder (faster) which can throw you off balance, tempo, plane, a whole myriad of things. I'm guilty of this myself from time to time. Your swing with the longer clubs really shouldn't be any harder or faster than a good seven iron swing, the length of the shaft creates a longer arc thereby creating more club head speed not trying to swing the club faster.
Thank for all the input. The one question of age and flexibility..do I have to answer that? Average flexibility and about 4 months south of 40. The flexibility thing is kinda funny, we got a Wii last year and Wii fit and I had all these grandiose ideas of really doing the yoga and stuff. Its funny how life and one six year old son can get in the way of that. I never checked to see if maybe what I view as square might be closed and vice versa so I'll have to check that...
I've noticed a few things lately... I seem to swing better and hit the ball better using a slightly open to open stance. This has also trickled into my putting stroke. I've thought about the past times that i've closed or opened my stance to try to achieve a draw or fade. Trying to hit a fade I'd open my stance a shade and intstead of fading the ball goes relatively straight, closed stance and I feel stuck and usually let hang out right. I know some of the pro's play...
Overlapping a la Ben Hogan. Started with an interlock, but know that feels to constricted.