or Connect

Posts by RC

For me it has got to be the soft high pitch or flop when short-sided, and instead, I hit it thin or even blade it.  Arg!!!!!  I use the flop a lot and usually pretty well, but when it.s thin, it is typically a big number to follow..
That is strange... I could not find the Nitro LD history on Google either.  However, Nitro was a golf ball, touted for distance and I know they hosted LD contests becasue I went to one in the Dallas-Ft. Worth area.  Maybe someone else can fill in some history here.  Maybe it was just a local Nitro rep who hosted the event.  My guess is the time frame was about the mid or late 1980s.  It was about the time Adams golf (and Barney Adams) located to the Richardson area...
And don't forget the Nitro LD contests...
Interesting sign Fourputt...  I agree with it, but I am not that against those that chew sun flower seeds and spit in cups or well out of the way of traffic.    I do not understand the mentality of those that say, "What's the big deal? I'll split hulls where-ever I chose."  This is a societal issue of courtesy to your fellow golfers and the more we dismiss and permit boorish behavior, the worse it gets.  That does not take a genius to figure out.     To those who...
I have complained before about sun flower seed hulls spit on greens.  The recent resurgence of the tobacco chewing thread compels me to remind sun flower seed chewers that they too need to refrain from spitting hulls on the green.  Invariably (I guess because we all putt often from five feet and in) the area around the hole is a mine field of sun flower seed hulls and I have no desire to pick up what others have spit out.  Tobacco juice in the hole or on the green is...
Normally I think great designs allow two choices with a reward for the more challenging selection.  However, some holes are designed so that one particular shot is the main defense of the hole and, if you sort of understand the designer's idea, it is fun to play these holes.  It could be the drive or the approach but the challenge is set before you and you are asked to execute the shot.  Great designs normally do not do this for shots requiring exceptional length but...
That is a great unflolding of your experiences and you should be proud of your performance if your handicap is still as stated.  There are many very good golfers who have not done as well as you have.  You surely know what I mean about going after pins... you might get away with it a few times but like a rattlesnake coiled to bite, some of those pin placements can send your ball off into some of the most difficult recoveries I have ever seen.  I was advised of a...
That you could shave 10 shots is pretty stellar,  I sure could not.  I've played many excellent and difficult tracks and I always intended to shoot around par and hopefully not above 74 or 75.  Pine Valley was the only big time track where that was just impossible for me.  I thought I needed to attack a few more pin positions to get the score down from an opening 78,  That did not work, the score went up due to a triple and a couple of doubles (which are not infrequent...
One course continues to pop up as the hardest when rated by major publications and groups as the hardest and has, for the most part, preserved its reputation for years, even as equipment and golf balls have changed the game.  The course deserves its rating, it is amazing.  Probably your best score will be the first time around it because once you see all the trouble it becomes paralyzing:   The course is Pine Valley, NJ.
Palm Springs has so many great golf course you cannot go wrong there -- it is my pick of the best golfing destinations in the USA,  but maybe not in the hottest months of summer.  North of San Diego (Carlsbad) is Aviara which is a really fine track worth the trip, and my pick of the San Diego area courses.