or Connect

Posts by RC

Byron Nelson was the game's ultimate gentleman and a personal hero of mine.  It was at this tournament before his death that he was kind enough to pose for a picture with me.  I still have it and treasure the time talking with him.  He was like talking to a member of the family he was so interested and genuine.  I am always happy to watch his tournament.  I enjoyed Ben Crenshaw's tribute to Nelson on the golf channel as well.  Few people know all the kind things Byron...
9.5 if its a 911, but 7 if a Boxster, only 5 for a Cayenne.  Add half a point to any of them if you pronounce it with an "uh" at the end of the name (rather than the one syllable version) 
Six under 66 on a tour course from the pro tees, i.e., the tips.
Pretty much the same workout every time, been doing these for years, specifically for golf. 1.  10 minute treadmill warm-up to get heart rate up.  Never stretch before heart rate is up.  Something to do with synovial fluid in tendon sheaths I am told. 2.  Immediately take BP and heart rate, then weigh on scales -- today I was 111 over 75 after treadmill warm-up.  Heart rate gets to about 125 or so. 3.  Lay on back, rope on ball and toes of foot, pull upright to...
I echo the Aviara recommendation.  Good track.
I understand and agree with the points made, but I still think first time or infrequent players are going to make miss-reads that seasoned, every day Augusta caddies would not.  Everyone has the charts and knows the low point of Rae's Creek, but there are putts that simply defy and suspend your sense of sanity.  Usually the read might be correct as to direction of break, but the not always, and there are a lot of miss-reads that are associated with the increase or...
Not too long ago, Players at the Masters used local Augusta National caddies.  That meant the players would typically have a caddy that knew the putts perfectly,  Then at some point, the regular tour caddies became the norm and one seldom sees a local caddy any more. They are still there of course, toting bags every normal day.   I wonder about that because the local caddies work as a team under a senior caddy who knows the greens with precision.  Anytime a caddy...
First some assumptions... Assume you are naturally long off the tee, assume you are a very good putter, and assume you have played under pressure at serious golf tournaments.  Add to that a scratch or near scratch handicap on a course or courses that are serious tracks.  If you have all that then how well you would play at Augusta National becomes a question of how well you can follow the exact instructions of the local caddies.  They know when an extra club is needed,...
Well, two days in and numbers 9 and 18 are the killers.  The back pin on 9 makes it really tough because the angle into the green is over bunkers to a narrow area, or if the player bails out right off the tee, it means a long, long approach.  18 with soft fairways means long irons into a bear of a green, with the pin close to the right side (which is normally the easy pin location.)  You go right or into the right trap and you change to playing for bogey -- forget par. 
Thank you for this.  I had not seen it before so it was a great treat.  The Byron Nelson clip was also quite a nice one.