or Connect

Posts by RC

The pros's average scores on the holes at Augusta National are published and pretty well known, but this topic is about what holes would you rank as the hardest and scariest -- thinking about the challenge they would be to your game...  Just about everyone has watched play on every hole at Augusta National so what are your opinions?   My rankings and why they would scare me.: First place.  The par three fourth hole -- 240 yards to a super difficult green, the left...
Don't take the price sticker off your putter so it still thinks it is a "try out" loaner and will make most of the putts.  As soon as you remove the price sticker, it starts pulling and pushing those 3 footers..
When one of your best friends is a member, and you invite them to play your club, they typically will extend the courtesy of asking you to play theirs.  And you might even get to play there many times.  I don't want this to be about the privilege of playing Augusta but rather about the absolute awe it is to play it and the pressure you feel to play well.  After playing there many times, and even shooting under par once, I can still tell you that every shot you hit at...
Our pro tossed me a demo pack of the NXT-S and said try them, you may like them.  I did and I do.  It is a good feeling ball.  For me, the shots around the green are the most important and next is a good flight off the driver.  The NXT-S plays quite well and is perhaps only slightly less reactive than the ProV1 and about the same as the ProV1x around the green,  Iron shots are not overly spinny and they flight well.  I will probably keep playing the ProVs, but in the...
You just go up some unobtrusive stairs, there is a picture of Bobby Jones, and you go through the door and enter the nest.  The ladder is gone but used to allow access to the top of the building.  I just had to sit on one of the beds and imagine the history.  If you are an avid golfer aware of the game's history, and susceptible to emotion, it is a feeling you will never forget.    The Champion's lockers are quite nice, but now they have multiple names on them so...
The April 2012 edition of Golf Digest has a wonderful article about the Crow's Nest at Augusta National.  Reading it really does give the feel of the place.  Next time you see a picture of the clubhouse, notice the little cupola perched atop the building and imagine the history that has taken place in this small room.  You cannot be a golfer and not be moved when you step into this very isolated and somewhat secretive room where the best amatuer's are invited to bed down...
Number 28... Practice stroke moves ball.   I thought you had to move it back to its original place but there was also a penalty involved (one stroke)-- that is unless on the tee to begin the hole.  A player cannot be moving his ball and then replacing it with no penalty as he or she goes around the course.  There should be a penalty whether he or she has addressed the ball or not, and additional penalty (two strokes this time)  if the ball is not returned to its...
Shaping the shot and trajectory are surely part of a refined game, and these shot qualities are part of the real difference in a great game versus just a good game.  The shape of the green and pin position dictate the shape and trajectory one should try to command, and the reason is your good shots will be really good and your misses will be pretty good and leave par a real chance.    Consider a narrow green that is angled so the left front is closer and the right...
Whatever you think and feel about your hips being forward and turned, you are probably still a long way from getting there.  Here is a little drill to try.  Take your stance and grip, then extend the little finger of your right hand (the pinkie) while still holding the club with a normal grip.  Stick the pinkie in your right front pants pocket, then push the club to impact coming down the line and notice how far forward you hips must be to produce a forward leaning club...
Agree with saying he is not in the top ten, at least at this point.  As to his swing, those two hold off shots were pretty good differences but the real changes I see are not as much motion going perpendicularly to his target line and his depth.  The legs are not flailing around as much and he backswing has more depth down the line.  He still has a big, timing oriented backswing and it looks like he crosses the line more than the standard model.  However, he still gets...