or Connect

Posts by RC

I guess it was not just me watching a better swing, the post tourney discussion on the golf channel included comments about how his swing is now the best it has ever been.  He can play in his 40s in the latter stages of his career if he continues this approach.  I have not been a particularly avid Phil fan, but maybe today was a little of a conversion for me.  I am a huge fan of Butch and know his swing model so it was exciting to see to see Phil change so much in only a...
I think Phil's swing this tournament is about the best he has shown, maybe ever.  It is so close to the classic Harmon type move he has been working on.  When a golfer has that kind of confidence in his shots, the game flows so easily.  He stabbed a nine iron punch that looked almost exactly like some of Tiger's old control shots early in his career.  Then he did it again with the wedge on 18.  I wonder how good Phil would have been if he had this better leg action and...
So, let's talk about a steady head.  Is the head fixed and imnmoveable in space?  No, of course not.  Think about the sun (or any star with planets.)  As planetary masses move around the center of gravity of the star or sun will move in distorted little ovals within the original volume of the star.  The center of mass moves only a small amount.   Essentially the more massive sun or star stays were it is.  Astronomers study the small wobbles to determine the presence of...
This is an exciting and bold step forward for everyone involved.  I am particularly impressed that your approach involves not only the five keys of good golf swings, but the great concepts of content and context with a business model that includes the keys to a real success.  All to often people have an idea, but they fail to execute because they do not think through the related activities that will make the activity legitimate.  I am happy to see the certification...
This was news to me as well.  However, I think Sam Snead must have been some kind of amazing athlete.  I heard that as a senior golfer, he could still jump up and put his foot on the ceiling.  I think he also was one the first to be able to play a fade or draw depending on how he felt warming up.  Supposedly he would play one shape of shot till it changed, then switch to the other.  Remember, during Snead's time the golf ball was very different and virtually no one could...
Just study the contours at Augusta National and Pine Valley (NJ)... These greens are the definition of great contouring.
Most of the time (not all the time) a slice comes from not clearing a path for you to return to the ball from the inside to down the line.  This can happen when you take club inside on the backswing, then up.  Now you have little choice but to compensate by coming over with an open clubface to your swing path.  So one fix to try is to keep the club outside the hands longer, as well as above the hands as it is at address.  By that I just mean keeping the same angle as the...
I don't think (maybe I am wrong) that the intention was to say the right leg goes lock straight, but rather it gets less flexed.  There is still some bend, even if slight, in the right leg of almost all modern swing golfers.  The right leg straightens so the right hip rises, but the leg does not lose its bracing and reactionary position to power the downswing.  I think this is the way most would state it no matter the swing theory used.  As a more classical, flatten...
A post asked about the venerable old Morris Williams golf course in Austin: He said, "I'm wondering how it looked back when the UT teams used to play there?".   Well, I played there almost everyday when in grad school and it was a great track.  If you planned your schedule and was willing to study late into the night, you could play most afternoons.  As UT's home course, it was kept pristine.  Later the team moved to Jimmy Clay and Morris Williams fell into a bit of...
This is a great swing.  Keep it up.