or Connect

Posts by RC

Should be no problem, especially with the modern hardshell cases designed for the rough and tumble of airline baggage handling.  Put your clubs in a carry or stand bag, watch out for too much overall weight (shoes and other things you include add up, so stay within the weight limit,) and get a hardshell case with non-protruding latches. You can even lock the case with a TSA approved lock.  Some airports have golf clubs come up on the normal luggage carousel and others...
Hope you have permission to post other's swing vids, but I think your topic is a very good one.  People can learn by both watching and then being instructed as to what to watch for.  Different instructors look for different key aspects of a swing, but it is amazing how a good swing is a good swing with two (or more) entirely different sets of reasons or opinions why.   A good swing has qualities that remain within an acceptable range during the key moments just prior,...
The best part of my game is probably putting and the second best is accurate driving.  I hardly practice either of these, just two or three drives on the range and maybe a half dozen putts before a round.  On the range most of the time is spent on long irons then mid irons, under the general idea if I am hitting these well, the rest of the game will be just fine.  At the end of warming up, a few short pitches and a couple of drives is plenty.  Now, if my profile was...
The best advice for anyone going into college: "Study, study, & study,." and choose you major wisely.  The odds of playing the greatest golf courses in the world are higher with a useful and valuable education compared to a great golf swing.  However, college athletics can be a great experience so enjoy it and let it add to who you are.  Keep us posted on your progress; we will be rooting for you.
I really enjoyed one of my old clubs (which will remain unnamed.)  It was a haven for gentlemen's golf and an example that inspired me to appreciate our sport even more.  There were strict rules.  Throwing a club, excessive use of alcohol, and foul language were not permitted.  If you did not like those or other rules, you did not have to be a member.  There was a long waiting list of people who wanted to be members. It was not a place that suited everyone, but I never...
If you are determined to get a range finder then a little secret to help with a steady lock in is to put your elbows together (touching) on your chest as you sight in the eyepiece.  This makes the best steady tripod you can get just standing up and shooting a distance.  I have both types of range finders and much prefer the GPS, just because it is quicker for me, and gives distances to the front and back of greens, as well as an estimate of the pin, as well as many other...
Yes, I hear the background beep... almost like a heart monitor in a hospital.  Weird and bothersome.
Getting a few "positions" quite similar to Hogan is not where your swing is missing it.  At impact, your hips are maybe 30 degrees behind the way Hogan opened up.  That will be the hardest thing for you to perfect, but that is where clubhead speed comes from.
While walking down a fairway but near a large tree, a hawk hit my head from behind with the claws going through my hat and cutting my scalp... It was totally a surprise and scared the heck out of me. It was spring time so maybe there was a nest.   Then at another time, I look up and see this hawk diving toward the ground a little ahead and to my right.  He explodes into a bunny rabbit and fur actually did fly up.  Then the hawk slowly jumped up and flapped away with...
To the question about how long do the Ecco type shoes last, I actually think the soles (and shoes) may out last the plastic spike type shoes,  I say that because I do like Footjoys, for example, but both my FootJoys and Ecco's with plastic spikes wind up having broken spines on the spikes after a few months (I play almost every day) and the rubber soled Ecco shoes I am currently wearing show almost no wear at all at a time when either of the plastic spike type shoes...