or Connect

Posts by RC

I switched to the ECCO shoes Freddie Couples wears and they are excellent.  The arch support is surprisingly good and the footing is no different (to me) than the plastic spike type shoe.  You can wear them just about anywhere since the sole is a rubber like compound.   Now I prefer this type shoe to spikes both for comfort and footing.
Of course the answer is NO.  Pace of play is something learned (or sometimes slow pace is from lack of knowledge.)  An example of lack of common courtesy and knowledge is the guy who gets out of his cart at the green, selects his chipping club, walks to the front of the green and chips 30 feet long (so it is still his shot in the rotation.)  But wait... he has no putter with him.  He goes back to the cart and puts his wedge away and gets his putter.  Then he walks to his...
This one made me laugh... For years and years we have joked about having a great round and the problem being we will now have to go to sleep, and doing that will automatically make your great swing into something uncontrollable.  It makes you want to stay up all night just to keep the magic (which of course would not work either.)  I am always astonished when a pro wins a tournament with four excellent rounds in the sixties... amazing accomplishment.  I have managed to...
Welcome new mods (and hello to the old gang.)  This is a special site on the internet, clearly many steps above the scanty information found on most special interests groups.  SandTrap is a special place and deserves to remain in its lofty position.  
So sad... the one that got away from me.  I totalled it in a wreck many years ago. This picture is not the exact car but a good approximation.  1955 Chevy.  I replaced it with the 1957 Belair, and that one was nice too.  
On my previous home course, I had a cum of 28 under par... Something I have always wanted but never scored is a duece on a true par five.  The double eagle is elusive and I doubt I will ever have one.  An ace on a par four seems more likely.
The number one issue in golf, in my opinion and in a lot of surveys and opinions of other golfers, is slow pace of play.  Our game would be in much better shape is the pace of play was faster.  I also observe that juniors playing in tournaments are, in general, very slow.  Sure, there are exceptions, but junior tournaments have torturously long rounds.  If you play with a delibrate pace of play, then it would be courteous to go to your ball and prepare ahead of...
Great place indeed... especially Oostende and Bruges.  We sailed an ISAF World Championship there and enjoyed Belgium and her people.  I will never forget an elderly man who came up to me and said, "American?"  I said yes and he smiled and said, "We will never forget -- thank you."  He was apparently alive during WWII.  It was an unexpected and touching scene.  I was also told that what we call French Fries originated in Belgium and should be called Belgium...
Again and again, I listen to J.S. Bach's BWV 1006a Prelude but rather than cello or lute, played upon the classical guitar -- sublime. Here is one of the better versions: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oPfZVflJdp0  
The majority of times I start to write something in response to a post result in second thoughts, and I just delete it and forget about it.  The reason is (I think) describing something in words in response to something I have not actually seen in person is a lot harder than it may sound.  Plus, I could give two or three versions of a swing thought or pattern and who is to know which might be the best for the person asking questions?  There is also the possibility I...