or Connect

Posts by slimeberry

Didn't see that last post from granitegolf. Sorry. Thanks for the advice. I'll give it a try. I've goofed around, doing it sometimes to be silly, quoting Bill Murray, etc., but never really tried it for real. Doesn't sound silly at all. And as for flipping my routine... Rotella said the same thing in the book I read yesterday, so your right on track with that advice. Thanks!
Decided not to play this weekend. Sat on the deck yesterday and read a Rotella book instead. I needed that. I had no pre shot routine what so ever. My focus was all on swing mechanics when I addressed the ball. Hopefully this will help some. I plan on playing tomorrow. We'll see. I still would like some input on some good drills to work on at the range though. All I really do is set up to a flag and fire. Can anyone share with me what they do to up the stakes...
Lots of good advice here. But, two very different approaches. One says to add an element of pressure to my practice routine to condition myself to react better to the "real" pressure on the course. I like that idea, because no matter how much you try to relax, that pressure will always sneak back into your game because there is that risk / reward element. Every shot "counts". It's how you deal with the pressure that controls the way you play. The other approach...
Erik, I agree with what your saying, and I plan to take your advice, because you are 100% right about pressure. However, I do have some follow up questions. One... Besides aiming at a blue, white, or red flag at the range, which I already do to work on distance, accuracy, and alignment, can you give me some ideas, drills, etc that you feel would add pressure to my practice round? Something that will get me out of that calm, redundant, practice routine and allow me to...
My practice post was great. Great Paragraph structures. Fluid, clean sentences. But when I finally took it to the forum to post... I CHOKED!!! Too much pressure I guess.
Is this normal, or do I need a shrink? I have been playing golf consistently since about 2004 (2 - 3 times a week / March - October). I took a few lessons, never practiced, and gradually went from shooting in the 100's to the 90's & high 80's. This year, however, I started to have a few breakthroughs. I shot a 51 / 39 and a 38 / 48. I played the back nine at my local club 2 under after 5 holes. Little victories. Not great overall scores, but little improvements. Then, it...
I have a question about golf ball selection and how it could effect your score. I have been a mid to high handicapper, who normally shoots in the mid 80's on an average day (low 80's on a good day & high 80's on a bad one). However, starting about a month after the golfing season began here in Indiana, I have lost the ability to do much of anything on the golf course. I will have rounds filled with great shots and horrible ones. I find I play great around the greens,...
Well... Great advice all around. Thanks. I did exactly what you all suggested. I took them into Golf Galaxy to be re-gripped to standard size. Two different people there tried to talk me OUT of re-gripping them. I guess they don't need the business? No, they are all just horribly Lazy!!! Anyway, I decide to take my 5, 7, and W into the launch monitor and hit away. The feel was just as I thought it would be. A fat, dull feel at impact. I have a natural draw when I...
Sweet Moses!!! Danny Gans is a royal douche bag. Not only that, but Chris Burman... This guy is unreal. Here is a guy who copies his personality from his idol, Bill Belichick. Berating his co workers, throwing temper tantrums off camera. I'm glad he is getting a little bit of ribbing from Nick and Kelly. Man, he is terrible. I can't stand most of the celebs (I do love Bill Murray) but just love to see golf played at such a beautiful place. I was...
The media was the first to build them up (some saying they could go undefeated after week 3 or 4) and the media was the first to tear them down. Fitting, don't ya think. They were and are over rated cheaters. Their coach is a classless *******. They were put up on this "Dynasty" pedestal and knocked off just as quickly. Truth is, they are not the 72' Dolphins. They are not even the 85' Bears or the 84' 49rs. Maybe they could go down as the best team to ever loose a...