or Connect

Posts by Etzwane

I think S&T tries to minimize the closing rate of the clubface in the impact zone, so I would say forearms rather square to the arc from 9 to 3 (not the clubface since that would lead to push as the basic ball flight for irons).
let's see if that works... cut and pasted from the website https://stackandtilt.com/stackandtilt-instructors/ Authorised Instructors               Philippe Bonfanti Send an Email Isle of Purbeck Golf Club Dorset BH19 3AB, United Kingdom         Darren Hopwood Send an Email Penwortham Golf Club Preston, PR1 0AX, United Kingdom Phone - 44 01772...
The last three fingers of the left hand can be held firmly as long as tension does not built up in the forearm. As for the problem at the top, it's wild guess but have you established a flat left wrist (in TGM flat means in back of the *open* hand in line with forearm, or just wrist not bent and not arched) and a bent right wrist, and is the right forearm in support of the club ?
what colin said.  In TGM this is called Extensor Action that is applied on pressure point #1 but not in order to move the left arm (that would be an accumulator action) but to straighten the left arm.
You don't need to put squeeze the pressure point at address, it might even be counter productive. The will feel pressure when the corresponding accumulator gets loaded: left arm across chest for #4 and right arm bending for #1. Pressure on #3 is evasive for me except when I get good lag in my swing. I must confess I don't feel much #2 nor I understand how useful it is.
The face is open (to the target) and square to the arc at impact, a swing path a little more right would transform this into a push-draw. For example, a little more hip slide and less rotation in the downswing should bring the path rightward, as would a higher handle at impact. On the other hand the problem could come from other pieces of the swing, so it's hard to give an actual recommendation without seeing your swing.
There's so much to work on. I think there's a lot of good information in Geoff Mangum's work.     On the mechanical side the stroke should have a big enough region (~10 inches) around impact with an almost straight clubhead path and as little as possible clubhead rotation and be reproducible. To acheive that posture and grip are essential:    - ball in center of eye sight and head position that allows to see the line to the hole when rotating the head around the axis...
I haven't studied Mike Austin's swing in details but saw a lot of the videos and followed discussions in various forums. It's a swing that is optimised to produce maximum speed, with lot of moving body parts (hand throw, arm throw, lots of lower body drive). In such it is rather efficient it seems but it looks like it requires good athletic abilities (coordination and proprioception) to make it consistent enough for people that can't practice several times a week.
I agree but the S&T 2.0 DVDs are maybe too detailed for people starting from scratch. I've only see one of the original DVD but it does a good job at describing the base model.
 Agreed ! I once thought of a web site or an app that would present the concepts and the interconnections between them with direct quotes from the book.