or Connect

Posts by TakeDeadAim

I have always had a tendency to sway in the backswing.  I have found the 2-inch-shoulder-blade-into-the-spine move to help tremendously in rotating without swaying.  I also like the concept of bolting your left glute to the ground to start the transition.   But as with every other golf (or life) phillosophy, there are no absolute truths.  You just have to find bits and pieces that work for you.   I have also found some good pointers from Shawn Clement to help...
Neither the 905, the 907 nor the 909 have been enough of a difference to take my 983K out of the bag...  Waiting to try the 910, which looks promising...
Wear them to school and tell us all about it...
I have bought about a dozen items there.  Every single time the items were in much better condition than I had imagined.   Once I bought a 3W and after I hit it a few times at the range, it had some loose epoxy inside the shaft.  Called them and they replaced the $65 club with a new head and shaft of my choice.  Outstanding service.
Compressing the ball refers more to the feeling you should have in your swing.  You should feel as if you where striking down at the ball, as if trying to pinch it or compress it against the ground.     But the fact of the matter is that the ball never compresses the ground, rather, it rolls a few millimeters up the club face through the grooves while being compressed against the face of the club, then immediately leaving the face of the club up in the air.
I have an older-version Idea Pro 20º. Love it. Always had been reluctant to using hybrids until I tried it.
Ping irons are second to none. I have tried everything out there... and always return to my trusty i3´s... which I have recently complemented with a set of S59´s.
there is no such thing as self-taught. Whether or not you have taken classes with a pro, you have learnt the game from watching tv, reading articles, reading forums... hence you have learnt the game from someone... I have only taken one single class with a pro in my entire golf-life... but i am a deep student of the game and would never consider that i have taught myself this game. I have the internet, the golf channel, eccetera of other sources to thank for my...
nothing like crawling back to the 20th century...
have you heard of "metaphors". The saying is not literal. It is a mental picture you want someone to have to releive tension if they are holding the club too tight.