or Connect

Posts by TakeDeadAim

Played two rounds in the Stadium Course in 2000. It was a weekend trip with twelve buddies. We played a few weeks before The Players, it was incredible and really, really tough course. The first day we played waaaay back in the pro tees... just to see what it felt like... impossible. Though I made par on 17 !!! The second day was easier from the amateur tees, but still one of the toughest courses I have ever played... though I walked away with a 6 on 17...
Three comments: 1. Genius: from the latin GENIUS, it is said of a person with extraordinary intelligence or skill. Also said of someone with extraordinary mental capacity. In some latin-derived languages (Spanish, for example...) the term has also been adopted to describe people with bad tempers, who throw temper tantrums or who generally have an aggressive overpowering personality... ("genio" in Spanish). So genius goes hand in hand with temper tantrums... ...
Congrats Michelle. I enjoy watching this natural talent and beauty... BUT... I wish I have to come back in a few years and say I was wrong, but she reminds me a lot of Sergio Garcia... beautiful-powerful swing, tremendous iron player... horrible putter !!! And everyone knows the deception Sergio has become. Outstanding player, who has won and will win many tournaments, but will fall short of all-time greatness due to his lack of clutch putting... the very...
and the winner is....
The thing is that you will never actually swing two different weighted clubs at the same speed... kinda obvious... So, in all reality, the only thing that affects distance is swing speed as relative to the launch angle achieved... First find out what weight gives you the most controlled swing speed. Once you get that, then ensure that you select the proper face degrees to give you an optimal launch angle. Some examples: For 100mph driver swing speed, select...
I had not laughed so hard in the forum in such a long time... thank you !!
Wow !! Nice post explaining the S&T. But it is not fair that you asked us for the very first thing that came to our minds to define it. Most of us just summarized it in one phrase following your instructions.... So, in one phrase... what is S&T to you?
+1have I heard that quote elsewhere??
this is by far the best "one single" advice given... TAKE DEAD AIM... if you have the basics down, the rest will come naturally.
Do not take your driving on the range to the course... Actually do quite the opposite. Take your driving on the course to the range. When you are at the range, visualize the holes that give you the most trouble driving. Concentrate as if you were standing on that tee. Think of everything you could possibly do wrong... and hit, and hit, and hit, and hit... until you hit them well. Guess what will happen next time you really are on that tee...