or Connect

Posts by aedoue

A friend who is 60 and has been playing many years one day talked me into giving up my pull cart and carrying instead, and I've never gone back. I have a minimalist bag (Mizuno Scratch Sac), and he was right -- carrying seems a little less tiring than the pull cart. He has a Ping bag that is made of ripstop nylon and has a handle that is designed to stand up and prevent the need to bend over. My sense is that carrying is not particularly stressful and is not going to...
I use my teaching pro instead of video. If a change he suggests doesn't feel good, it's usually because I haven't integrated the change from an intellectual concept to the body movement the words describe. I find that words are a poor language for communicating a movement pattern as complex as the golf swing. Very much Plato's shadows on the cave wall. Sometimes I discover a feel for the first time, and the words that he has used to describe it immediately jump into...
DJ, My thanks also for the workout details. I have similar disdain for the alternatives to REAL squats. If I can find the time I may move your reply over to a new thread to discuss workout details. Great post!
I ran 40-45 mi/wk for years. Since I got the golf bug, I have better things to do with my time. I run 6-9 m/wk. Throw in a half dozen 10-60 sec fast intervals. It's enough for me.
DJ Yoshi (and all), I'd like to know any specifics you are willing to share about the fast twitch training you are doing. I'd like to start incorporating it in my workouts. Thank you.
I wouldn't expect it to be the most popular part of the forum, but I still think it would generate plenty of interest among some of us.
nuggs, and all of you who are about to start the season, here's wishing you fun and success! Keep us posted.
Life time of craziness, yeah... I haven't been at it that long, but I can tell that's the lure of the game. I'd like to believe that Fred Shoemaker and Tim Gallway are right, that the golf swing can be an unconsciously directed act and we don't have to observe all the little details, but I think it that is only part of the truth. I have noticed so many times that some part of the swing is dead on for months. I begin to monitor it less carefully, or not at all, or I...
I hope many people reply to this thread; I am curious what others have experienced. I cannot compare my Mr. Crust to the modern pro, because I've never had a lesson from anyone else. I can tell you that taking lessons from Mr. Crust for the last few years has been one of the richest experiences of my life. Like master and apprentice, choreographer and dancer, together we are crafting my golf swing. It is amazing how he can see the details of a swing that is...
My hand to ground distance is pretty standard, but I stand fairly erect. Titleist said the shaft would play only slightly softer with the extra inch. The lie angle may well be making a difference. I tested 0 deg at 1", so wouldn't you expect me to need a lie adjustment for standard length? I do remember that the swing felt smoother, including before impact. That wouldn't be due to lie, would it? And that feeling that I knew where the top would be? Thanks very...