or Connect

Posts by AwYea

The R11s allows you to adjust the face angle. You might want to try adjusting that to closed. It probably came stock set to square.   I'm betting your old model had a closed clubface and your new is set to square.
Do you know if the clubface of your new driver is closed or square?   They made 2 types of your old driver. A tour model which had a 3 deg open face and a regular model with a closed clubface(toe pointing left). You probably had the regular model with the closed clubface which makes it easier to hit straight or draw.   Your new driver may have a square clubface which is causing you to hit it right.  With your handicap you would probably benefit using a driver...
Here's one...   http://i4.ytimg.com/vi/OiZgMcajE5o/hqdefault.jpg
In my 1st post I said your grip is too strong with your left hand too far left, I meant right. Sorry about that.   I can tell you in my 30+ years of playing and helping others, shanking is caused 99% of the time because the club is laid off at the top and the swing is too flat. Shanking happens to a lot of good golfers, especially one's who play a draw. When you get laid off it causes you to over use the lower body and instead of the club rotating through impact, you...
From everything you've said, You're shanking because you're laying the club off in your backswing. Your swing is too flat. Things to check....   -Check your grip. More than likely your grip is too strong with your left hand too far left and your right hand too much underneath the club, which promotes a flat swing and a takeaway that's too far to the inside. Try weakening your grip and make sure your right hand is on top of the shaft, not underneath.   -Make sure...
Make some practice swings where you feel like you're swinging to the right and finishing high. Then put some balls on a tee, teed up pretty high(atleast a 1/2" to 1") and hit balls while concentrating on swinging to the right and finishing high in your follow through.   You may have other problems in your swing that don't allow you to hit a draw, like a bad grip or poor hip and shoulder alignment, but this is the BEST drill for learning on how to swing the club from...
Try this...(right hander)make sure you have pressure on the tip of your left thumb when you grip your putter. Nothing extreme or uncomfortable, just make sure the tip of your left thumb has pressure on top or slightly to the right of the grip, depending on how you grip the putter.   What this does is it prevents your left hand/wrist from breaking down during the stroke.     Edit: Sorry, i thought your post said i can't hit my lines.
Okay, you need to work on turning your left shoulder under your chin on the backswing. You're litterally standing up on your backswing while moving your head up and to the right so your left shoulder can turn. This leads to the major re-routing on the downswing and laying the club off.    You need to work on your posture at address and maintaining it thoughout your backswing. You seem to slump your shoulders a little bit at address instead of bending from the waste...
Could you give me a link to that? Thanks, i am curious.   Edit: i found it nevermind.
I had your same problem as a younger player except my problem was a flat backswing. My club went back and around instead of straight back and up which lead to being laid off. I had every problem you described including the shanks. I also had a lot of hip movement. I've never seen anyone do what your doing though with an upright swing.   You definitely need to check the shoulder alignment and make sure they coincide. This is just as important if not more so than your...