or Connect

Posts by steviesouthpaw

So interesting man. At the beginning of this season is when I went for my first actual lessons with a pro. One of the first things he noticed was that my head would lean a couple of inches down towards the ball as a started back. It's such a bad move! Why would anyone do it? Glad to know that others have suffered the shanks. I have a buddy who would also shank small pitches and chip shots so your not alone there either.
Ahhh my friend you speak a familiar language. I struggled so poorly with a shank it felt like complete and utter insanity. Drove me to the point of almost wanting to hang it up. Let's be on the same page first. My shank was 10 to fifteen feet off the ground, 45*-50* even 60* left (I'm lefty) of my target and supremely short while slicing severely. A miss hit of mythic and disastrous proportions. Sometimes would cut off into the woods that surround tee boxes. Yes, it...
Good point. Sliding was definitely involved. I also really wanted, subconsciously, to be on the same plane as the baseball swing due to so much coaching and muscle memory. I used to take the club back flat, come up way too early and alter my spine angle on the way through the ball and pull the club across from the outside tremendously. In baseball as in golf in terms of arm extension. The extension just happens at different moments correct? I would tend to...
I'd say that he'll have a harder time placing second in majors more times than Jack than he will beating the Major victory mark. I don't know the number off hand, but Jack has a ton of second place finishes.
There's so many golfers to like, especially the young crop of contenders. I even like all the Euros. But as someone who loves sport and competition and pure athleticism, Tiger is tops. I know that's an easy answer, but has there ever been anyone as fun to watch as that? He just delivers when you're not supposed to be able to time after time. You are not supposed to dominate golf like that. Every time we get to watch what he does its history being made. I don't know...
Augusta no doubt about it for me...
Been thinking seriously of moving to the Ashevill NC area and of course I want to get a little flavor of the local golfing. Now, I love, love, love the game. But there is a significant part of me that has a distaste for the elitist aspect of this game. I have no problem with those people, its just not for me. I play on courses in Massachusetts that cost about 10-15$ for nine holes on a weekday that are gems of a golf course, beautiful, and also host leagues in the...
I want to ask all of you lower handicaps; what are the basic elements to the 30 or so yard low pitch shot that lands, skips maybe once and grabs and stops quick where you want it to? Is it keeping your hands ahead of the club head with the shaft leaning towards the target? And is it really possible to hit these kinds of shots consistently without a bladed wedge? For now I use the stock SW that came with the set.
I'm 30. Been playing for 5-6 years and giving it my all to get better for 3 years. Fully addicted or obsessed nowadays.
No argument. I'm not crying over spending. The Sox spend huge money. Just not as much as the Yanks are able to, especially with the new Stadium. Sox field a contender every year, no tears here. All that spending guarantees nothing as we've seen.