or Connect

Posts by starchuk

I see two reasons why people don't appreciate it. The first is that it is a new concept and there are more veteran golf instructors and professionals who are going to stick to their guns. Funny thing is some of these veterans show some strong similarities. The second reason is that 15 handicap golfers go to the range and try to stack. After 4 or 5 miss hits, it becomes 'wrong.' If you really want to learn it, you can probably travel 2 hours from your home and see a...
Search for Mr. Barzeski's video in another thread. This would be the extreme of hitting down and out on the ball.
At address, you're probably looking at around 30-35 degrees of forward flexion, and depending on your style, anywhere from 0-10 degrees of tilt away from the target. Golf swings that are flatter normally have more forward flexion at address because its easier to get the arms deeper and working around the body. There is a relationship between the path and the incline and it changes if the spine angle changes. Most players that have more flexion hit draws and those...
Since Doral, O'Hair is working his hand path deeper and is now hitting a draw. He has alot of principles and I'm sure Andy is proud to see where O'Hair is today.
I agree with you Tom. There are so many different putting strokes where they all work and they all have a few things in common. For the OP with 40+ putts per round, work on the tempo of your stroke and learn how it relates to how fast your ball rolls on the grass. This should take away 8-10 putts per round at least. If an issue is green reading, work on your speed control and you will start to see a better line. If you aren't getting the ball started online and...
Wow, I can't believe that Chuck Quinton's name is even being considered here. There are a lot of people behind the tv cameras that have great influence on Tiger's decision for a new coach. Torrance would be a great choice but I'm not sure about the travel overseas. We haven't seen a lot of interviews with Foley but his beliefs, personality, and knowledge of golf has Tiger intrigued.
Westwood has a busted left wing at impact but can still control the face. The left arm will bend because the pivot is slow or the right arm isn't working well to create width.
I would say its controlling your speed. You can do it by feeling the time the ball rolls or trying to stop it in a certain spot - like a speed versus distance idea. If you can control your speed, next step is to learn how to read a green.
There is some conflict with the intentions. You can't expect your head to stay steady AND get behind the ball. For those guys who love getting behind the ball, you'll see their head swivel or rotate. It allows for a bigger rotation but it messes with your focus with your eyeline. If you want to get behind the ball, set up as you normally would, bring your front foot to the back foot, start your backswing and step into the shot by planting your front foot before...
Luke Donald has been working on losing the intial flex - You do have to remember that Faldo follows a leadbetter pattern focused on right knee flex, level hips, early plane shifts and stepper hand path.... all pieces that will flow if the right knee flex is maintained. Creating resistance in the backswing is a fundamental to Lead's camp, so we will see different pieces than what is prescribed under a philosophy with a standard knee action where the right knee...