or Connect

Posts by Big Perm

Time and money in a changing world...   Time:   Today, you can rent a movie in 2 minutes by turning on the TV and pressing play.....so many things are on demand.... Huge opportunity cost in giving up 6 hours of your day off - 20 minute drive to and from, 20 minute warm-up, and at least a 5 hour round, and this is best case scenario on a weekend. Many courses don't enforce a realistic pace of play. I can hook up with a friend, have lunch, practice for 2...
1.  Bring a truckload of money   2.  Be respectful - keep mindful of other people, the players and being still at the right times....yeah, I know this is a given, but you'd be surprised that some people forget the basics.....   3.  On Thursday, pick a fun group early, follow them, and camp at 17 for a while once you get there.....enjoy a couple of beers and have fun.....I loved hanging on 17....   4.  If you go to the WGHOF, go play the King and the...
I play with the golf channel tour a number of years back when I lived in Jax Florida.  It's not cheap, but at the time, I was single, had plenty of money and plenty of time.  The organizers of our tour did a GREAT job, so it was worth it.    Pros - different challenging courses, large fields, meet new people, competitive with like golfers, gets you used to tournament golf, really makes you focus on percentages and smart decisions, well run, ability to travel and play...
  Great point here, no equipment change required, no impact on a players cost to enjoy the game.     Casey Martin is a hero - anybody that has dealt with severe back, joint, or any other pain knows that what he does is tough.     95% of golfers don't play by the rules - they roll the ball, take short putts, foot wedges, etc.....and I'm glad they come out.  They keep courses open and most of them are fun to play with.  They aren't even trying to cheat, they just play golf...
A local track I used to play a lot had this issue.....every tee box, on both courses, seemed to slant uphill on a right hander, almost like they were set up to aid the slicer crowd.....and I play a draw....I found two remedies....on the holes with elevate tee shots or limited trees, I just started the ball over the right trees for a 20 plus yard draw.......when trees were close to the box, I just played a fade from the left side of the box...hope this helps...
  This is a very good point here.....the last couple of years, while not playing a lot nor keeping a cap, I usually play with a good buddy who has a tendency to give short putts and hit the ball back to you.......casual rounds and I enjoy his company, so never cared much........played my first real round recently, trying to get back in the game and keep a cap......missed 6 putts around 5 feet, and it has really hurt my short putts....   Granted, recenly aerated or temp...
I would have 4 jacked 
Tournament round in Jacksonville in 2007 on a tough course.......made a 12 footer for an 8 on the last hole, shot 80.....then lost on the 5th hole of a playoff in my flight......hit the ball so well that day, except for 18....   Tournament a week later, shot a 103, tweaked my back on the 3rd hole, suffered through the rest of the round....it was my first time at Sawgrass, so wasn't going to give up.....long, painful day.....worst hole was 17, put 3 in the water, LOL
I saw what he was doing, and I thought.....HAPPY GILMORE.......   Lots of parrallels here.......both hit it a mile.......both have an unconventional swing......both like to win.......I wonder if Bubba has any big checks in the back of his car???  Or if he knows one-handed Carl Weathers???   Actually, Sergio looks a lot more like Adam Sandler, and he definitely has the temper of Happy, and he's right handed.....so maybe a hybrid of the two of them???   I...
Been a about 3 years since I got the itch.....every few months, I go to my favorite range, get a couple of the newest, hottest six irons and match them against my current clubs.....large bucket, hit about 5 at a time, cycling through the clubs.....so far, always come back to my own set.....take your time.....unless you are just bored and want to spend some money....then get some clubs, keep both sets...