or Connect

Posts by Big Perm

Between my back and the rain, no practice since last week.....but felt well enough to play today, a local high school was having matches on the Lakes so I stepped up to the Creeks Course......had fun, hit several bad shots, and a few good....about a 1 club wind, cloudy but no rain, the rough was still wet as we've had tons of rain the last few days....enjoying using irons only, playing up on the front men's tees   Tuesday, May 12th - tee off at usual 6pm, 10th tee was...
At least you guys got to watch it, our local DFW NBC affiliate completed dropped the ball and ruined the coverage......granted, we had some bad weather and up until 3pm, it was understandable as they would flash to give updates on tornado warnings, etc.....but then, it all went south.....they spent like an hour and a half, until about 4:30 pm or later, focusing in on two country boys that hydro locked their lifted Chevy when they tried to cross a low water road that turned...
Thanks for the link.....no practice today, back is acting up, hoping to at least get in some short game tomorrow.
Haven't played much in a long time, figured it's time to see what a few hours can do, mixed with a little motivation.  Came up with a 5 month practice routine that has reasonable time expectations that can work within a two infant, two income household.  Had played to a 13, figure I'm more like a 20 handi or so right now, so will measure May as a baseline and September will be the payoff.  Will develop long term goals later, just want to try 5 months and see how the old...
I don't see where he's being dishonest.....unless they are honing a swing change or working out a specific issue, tour pros should only have to hit enough balls to groove their swing before they go out.....they play golf 5 days a week.....to get to the pro level, at the minimum, you need a repeatable swing that is mechanically sound at impact.....I don't see where they should need to just pound the range all the time, other than to warm up before a round and groove the...
Time and money in a changing world...   Time:   Today, you can rent a movie in 2 minutes by turning on the TV and pressing play.....so many things are on demand.... Huge opportunity cost in giving up 6 hours of your day off - 20 minute drive to and from, 20 minute warm-up, and at least a 5 hour round, and this is best case scenario on a weekend. Many courses don't enforce a realistic pace of play. I can hook up with a friend, have lunch, practice for 2...
1.  Bring a truckload of money   2.  Be respectful - keep mindful of other people, the players and being still at the right times....yeah, I know this is a given, but you'd be surprised that some people forget the basics.....   3.  On Thursday, pick a fun group early, follow them, and camp at 17 for a while once you get there.....enjoy a couple of beers and have fun.....I loved hanging on 17....   4.  If you go to the WGHOF, go play the King and the...
I play with the golf channel tour a number of years back when I lived in Jax Florida.  It's not cheap, but at the time, I was single, had plenty of money and plenty of time.  The organizers of our tour did a GREAT job, so it was worth it.    Pros - different challenging courses, large fields, meet new people, competitive with like golfers, gets you used to tournament golf, really makes you focus on percentages and smart decisions, well run, ability to travel and play...
  Great point here, no equipment change required, no impact on a players cost to enjoy the game.     Casey Martin is a hero - anybody that has dealt with severe back, joint, or any other pain knows that what he does is tough.     95% of golfers don't play by the rules - they roll the ball, take short putts, foot wedges, etc.....and I'm glad they come out.  They keep courses open and most of them are fun to play with.  They aren't even trying to cheat, they just play golf...
A local track I used to play a lot had this issue.....every tee box, on both courses, seemed to slant uphill on a right hander, almost like they were set up to aid the slicer crowd.....and I play a draw....I found two remedies....on the holes with elevate tee shots or limited trees, I just started the ball over the right trees for a 20 plus yard draw.......when trees were close to the box, I just played a fade from the left side of the box...hope this helps...