or Connect

Posts by evinkc05

23, seems really low, but according to the scale... its not THAT far off...  Should I put more weight in the scale or my score relative to my fellow posters?
Front nine was absolutely terrible...  Missed most fairways, and the ones I hit I missed the greens lol.  Hit way more greens on the back nine though... Coincidentally scored much more appropriately on the back.       Cypresswood Golf Club - Cypress Course Forest Tees 70.3 / 120 Spring, TX US September 27, 2014  ...
I also take the lunch break=range time approach.  I try to get out once on the weekends, but I'm 27 and trying to financially support a budding family, so sometimes financial restrictions come into play.  
sept-oct in houston, tx is about as good as it gets here
Good info there.  I hope you are able to progress towards some of the results you are looking for.   Best of luck!!!
Thanks for posting bossfrog!!!  I am anxious to hear what the pros have to say about it, but I would agree it seems that one major issue you are having is your weight getting trapped on your right side.  Perhaps do some research into ways to more efficiently transfer your weight forward.  I will check around as well and see if I can find anything.     Best of luck!
That's very true, I think Laura Davies also had this particular quirk to her swing.  Well, I guess what i would be most keen on improving would be score.  I tend to let myself have too many blow up holes.  My issues typically occur AFTER my approach shot.  Should I leave my swing alone for now and focus on short game work?  My biggest issue is that I HATE "practicing" (Iverson Syndrome).  Difficult to keep my attention focused on the task when I feel like I am just hitting...
So I went home and tried this out a bit.  Should I feel as though my weight is in my heels and I am leaning back, and just reaching out to hit the ball?  Where should my weight be distributed along my feet for proper balance and shot execution.  I have had my weight on the balls of my feet for my entire golfing career...  This is unsettling lol.
Here are two shots of what I mean with my feet...  
I have been giving a lot of thought to ways I can improve my swing and it seems to me that there are two major differences between my swing and that of very low handicappers. 1) At impact I tend to get up on my toes rather than staying planted e.g. Rory, Adam Scott, Sergio,etc. 2) I don't have the same amount of lag in my down swing that they have... When I consciously try to increase the lag in my down swing, I just weakly hit it low and right very poorly. In my...