or Connect

Posts by skwon11

Fooling around with my grip at the range and for whatever reason I kept my right thumb and index fingers off the grip (I'm a righty) the entire swing... boy did I swing it well.   I tend to drift towards the heel of the club on all my shots but... center of the clubface and great distance.     Any thoughts on why taking those fingers off is making a difference?  Thanks!  
I'm trying to work something out mentally and if anybody has any thoughts to help me figure this out... great!   A few months prior I took a lesson with a great teacher (a friend of Grant Waite) and the few things he really tried to get me to do was to move the ball way up in stance (like 7 iron at my left heel) and get the weight moving forward.  My issues prior to seeing him were hitting it fat (almost sounds cliche), inconsistency (cliche as well) and shanking it....
No matter how much I look around the internet... I can't get a good answer.   Looking to buy a new putter.  I currently putt with a Yes Sophia... looks great... putts great... if you're great... otherwise... not so much so.   Look for something with a lot of MOI (obviously) but also something that if I hit it a little towards the toe or heel the distance won't be lost on me.  Any articles somebody could point me to?  Putters?  I don't know if I'm asking for a...
Nice... that's all I have to say.
Has anybody ever built one?     I would like to build one (vs. buy one).  Some PVC pipe with hanging nets.  I've seen pictures here and there but I was wondering about specs.  10 ft x 10 ft x 10 ft?  Seems big to me but... I'm not sure.  I don't need to see much flight... just full swings into the cage but I'd like to be close enough to (or in the cage) so that if I do ever shank one it won't hit something.     Also... if you have built one... cost?  Thanks!
I don't think the issue is you hitting it close... you apologized and that should have been enough.  He should have just politely ask you to wait a bit longer so you don't put him on edge.  If he had done that... I think you gladly would have done so.  The issue then is... he's a jerk and paranoid that you are trying to harm him and his wife.   I did the same as you with my father years ago by hitting driver close to the group in front of me and then 3 holds later...
I don't think the issue is you hitting it close... you apologized and that should have been enough.  He should have just politely ask you to wait a bit longer so you don't put him on edge.  If he had done that... I think you gladly would have done so.  The issue then is... he's a jerk and paranoid that you are trying to harm him and his wife.   I did the same as you with my father years ago by hitting driver close to the group in front of me and then 3 holds later...
Just the feel or single thought on that downswing.  I used to have the thought, "swing down and through the ball."  It led to disaster often.  So to answer... I guess... swing up through the ball... letting the club bottom out where it should trusting  the arc of the swing itself.  I have a hard time of trying to have more than 1 swing thought on the downswing... I hope it's not an IQ thing....
I'm having some recent difficulty with inconsistency. This started as I started to think swing down into the ball to compress it better. Mistake. So just to fool around I started to think "swing up." Felt great but is this thought going to curse me? I think it's working temporarily because it's getting my hips to rotate up. Is my thinking/swing feel right? Will it curse me in time?