or Connect

Posts by Thrash13

Bubba Watson can be a baby at times, and he's not on my top-10 list or anything. That bring said, he's still a genuine guy and family man who gives back quite a bit. He just feels more comfortable at certain venues/events, and he lets it known when he doesn't. I'd much rather a guy like him than a guy who just smiles and waves every week. Some of you definitely took it a bit too far. Lol
I definitely think Rory will win the Claret Jug tomorrow, but I think it will get interesting. One or two of those guys will make a run at some point, but even if McIlroy shoots 72 or 73, he'll be tough to catch. It's crazy how quickly it went from "crazy Sunday finish" to "possibly boring Martin Kaymer U.S. Open finish." Lol I'll be up fairly early and watching though. Three of my favorites are in the last two groups along with Rory.
I'm not a Bubba fan or hater, but it's amazing to me how he pretty much decides before each major whether or not he will be a factor.  He pretty much checked out of the U.S. Open and Open Championship before teeing it up.  That's pretty unfortunate because there's no reason his game shouldn't match up to just about every course in the world.    The leaderboard looks really strong after day one, and I hope it continues that way throughout the weekend.  I'm pulling for...
It was pretty funny when Adam Scott jokingly told everyone in his press conference bye when he found he could rise to #1 without playing this week.  I'd love to see him contend and earn the #1 ranking on the course.  Then again, I wouldn't gripe about Bubba or Kuchar becoming #1 either.  It definitely spices things up though, and that will make things even more interesting.   I'm sure it won't be long before Jordan Spieth is battling for the #1 spot in the OWGR..  I...
I was thinking about Anthony Kim's disappearance a few days ago.  As an Oklahoma State fan, I never really cheered for him much.  But he was great for golf when he was on his game, and he was a big help the last time the U.S. won the Ryder Cup.    And who can forget his 11 birdies in the second round of the 2009 Masters?  Crazy stuff!
The last I read is that he's pretty much doing short-game stuff only. That was a few days ago, so who knows if he's slowly working his way into doing more. Hopefully, he's ready to go because he's a legit contender to win at Augusta.
Which Europeans are getting picked over Rory?  I'm not saying he will win The Masters by any means, but if I get two Europeans, he's going to be one of them almost every time.  I definitely wouldn't pick Phil because of the injury concerns, but if he tees it up next week, he will be a factor.
I'm not sure I agree with that anymore.  He hasn't won a major since 2008, so he isn't exactly setting the world on fire when it comes to majors.  The media will probably focus on his absence quite a bit, I agree with that part.  But any mention of an asterisk is just silly talk when it comes to Tiger now and moving forward.  The ratings probably won't be as high, but the field is still incredible.  There is a chance he may not even be number one after The Masters.
I was reading the latest "Hawk's Nest" yesterday, and John Hawkins was writing about a text conversation he was having with Pat Perez.  Perez plays pretty fast compared to most PGA Tour players, and he said Kevin Na has gotten a little better.  He said Na is at least working on it.  Perez went on to say Loupe is the worst he's seen.  I'm not sure if that's what the topic is about, but that's definitely calling out a fellow PGA Tour player in some form or fashion.   The...
I'm pretty excited about this year's Shell Houston Open.  The field is probably the strongest since Doral, and The Masters aura is in the air.  This is the last chance for some of the players to earn their way to Augusta, and it's a chance for some of the top-ranked golfers to put an end to the "slightly mediocre" run on the PGA Tour of late.  Bring on a great leaderboard and Sunday finish!