or Connect

Posts by Mr. Desmond

Yes... I tend to turn off players when they start talking about what they are doing in terms of the tech talk and release points (it might mess me up even more!) -- don't know what to think about Tiger. Is he putting everybody on, or is he the guy that when he talks, his instructors put their hands over their eyes and shake their heads... Don't think Tiger, just do. That's why you play Nike... that and the money.
Exercise Patience.   All the OEM's and Custom Makers (i.e., Edel) make fine equipment   Demo.   Find equipment you love to twirl in your hands, love the feel off the face and the sound.   Find out if it performs for you   Get fit for it.
Looking from afar, Isn't the discussion  about how the teacher approaches mechanics and positions?   I see everyone's points, or I am trying to see them clearly.   As members above have posted, Tiger worked on mechanics under previous instructors ... but isn't the difference how the instructor approached mechanics?   Just looking at Foley and reading his stories, it seems he was very position oriented, perhaps overly so.   Perhaps Butch was a little more relaxed...
I remember when Project X made its debut. You had many golfers complaining that the 5.5 felt "too stiff." Over the  years, I've read comments that it is a "feel thing" and the construction and design of the Project X is what made it feel "too stiff" at 5.5.   A lot of guys can handle 5.5 in a conventional Rifle shaft, but not in the Project X. It's just not to their liking. I tend to think that moving down to 5.0 was not the answer although that is what many did-- the...
As to Foley, what I heard is that his knowledge is wide but not deep.   I guess Notah is Tiger's life coach. He needs someone.   Good luck to Chris Como ... and Tiger.
What's the Morning Drive???
And it was only last year that Win McMurry was on his arm...
So we've decided ...   Tiger need therapy.   Someone please send him the memo ... again.
What a mess!   Thinking aloud, I wonder if Jenkins would have written the article if Tiger was not recovering from back surgery and had won 3-4 majors since 2008... 
Wonder if Rory deadlifts, too... there go the shoulders... but I'm sure he has a strength coach to prevent all that...