or Connect

Posts by McIlroy_man

The reason he is higher in the Race to Dubai is that the list is based on earnings for the season whereas the Fed-Ex cup is a points based system. He earned a significant amount of money for winning the wgc, more than for winning most other tournaments but the Fed-Ex cup points might not have been much more than a normal tournamant win  
Just put it in the bag yesterday.....ping rep took nearly 2 weeks getting it to me!! 9.5 stiff with the axiv core....best driver i have ever owned! and its the first non Titleist driver i have had in 6 years! yet it puts all of them to shame
I have just stopped scoring well in all competition rounds i play! This year has just been horrid for me on the golf course whenever i have had a card in the pocket. I beat my handicap probably about 80% of the time im playing bounce games but cant get anywhere near it in medal rounds. Last year my worst medal score was 75 (Par 69) and i played in about 15...this year ive played in about 10 and my best score has been 77 I didn't play any golf from August last year...
Looking to sell my 909D2 driver, its in good-to-very good condition. Pictures available on request. Comes with virtually unused headcover and black/red multi compound grip I really like this driver but since i hurt my shoulder in January i havnt been swinging quite as fast so im having to drop back down to a stiff shaft. Im looking for £175 (about $250ish)...This retails at £349 with this shaft in it! Shipping will be worked out based on where you live
i dislocated my shoulder 9 weeks ago at the range! first time it had happened and was pretty damn sore! started playing again last week and seems to be ok so far! touch wood
i have had similar problems for a while now, but it started from playing football...well soccer to you guys...it has never got to the point where i cant walk or play golf and it has never given me enough trouble to go and get it checked out! if your worried about it though then you should get it checked out...its quite a common problem for footballers over here and can have them out for a few months! speaking of injuries though, ive just blown my shoulder hitting...
I totally agree! looks really cheap compared to the 909's. It would certainly put me off buying it!
to which part? i mean obviously it depends on your angle of attack into the ball, but the majority if players will create much more spin with a lower lofted club i also worded the last bit not to great, it only imparts more side spin if you come accross the ball, not if you hit it square on.....thats why most players use higher lofted clubs im not sure on the science behind it, but that is what i was told by both the titleist, callaway and t/made fitting staff for your...
the shaft is what determines your ball flight and launch angle, the loft on the head is to control the amount of spin you put on the ball. the lower the loft, the more spin...also with less loft, you impart more side spin on the ball which for your bad shots - slices, hooks etc, makes them worse! but no one should be buying an OTR driver anymore when you can so easily be fitted for one by a qualified fitter! so they will know best what head, loft, shaft etc you...
the new taylormade irons are crazy long! i demoed them before they came out when the t/made tour truck came to my work. He was saying that they have made the face as thin as possible in order to maximise the trampoline effect, which we all know is limited in drivers. im not sure if there are limits for irons or not. the loft is also stronger on these irons compared to t/mades standard loft Anyway, when i was hitting the burners, i hit the 6 iron as far as i hit my own 4...