or Connect

Posts by beachbreak

I believe Tiger's problem is too much "HOW" and not enough "WHERE".   Nothing Foley is teaching him comes naturally, from the strong grip to the bent over posture to the super shallow move coming into the ball.   It rears it's ugly head on the big stage..........weekends at the majors.   It's leaked into his putting stroke too.   Dump Foley and go back to what his Dad taught him.   If the Foley method was to keep his body from injury, it's not working.   The...
Some thoughts on the state of Tiger's game:   If he retooled his swing under Foley to eliminate injuries, it's not working. Just watching him swing hurts, especially with the driver.   I never thought I'd see the day when Tiger aspired to become Hunter Mahan or Justin Rose.
Guys, we will never see the old, dominant Tiger again. He had his day in the sun. He's still a good player but like any aging champion, the magic is gone. On the plus side, we got to see one of the greats in his prime. I believe the same is true with Phil. It's not "their time" anymore.
I will base my likes and dislikes on their golf game and on-course demeanor, not their personalities, because I don't know any of them:   Favorites:   Phil Mickelson - nice to the fans, not a crybaby after a bad shot or round. Stood up for his teamate Hunter Mahan. Freddy Couples - nice guy, takes bad medicine like a man. Ricky Fowler - good kid, not a whiner, good in the clutch.   Least Favorites:   Tiger Woods - too intense, one day his head...
He's not done. Heck, he won three times this year. Will he dominate again? I don't think so. Will he win enough majors to surpass Jack? No. IMHO, he may never win another major. He can't come up big when it counts in a major because his psyche is permanently damaged from the revelations about his personal life. It's a bit sad, but when the emperor has been disrobed, he  never returns to rule again. I see he's trying to reach out a bit to the fans on the course and to...
If Tiger has anything like "3 degree clubface open and four degree body turn" in his head, no wonder he can't put four rounds together in a major. Jeeeeze................................
Chamblee has a point.   If Tiger sticks to the program, he should be ready just in time to dominate the Senior tour.   Lookout Bernhard Langer! 
Tiger had his decade or so in the sun.   He may win a few more tournaments, possibly a major or two.   I don't think he will ever return to the dominant force he once was.   The Nicklaus record for major wins will remain intact.   In my opinion, if it is ever broken, Tiger will not be the one to do it.
Jim Furyk. I'm partial to unique, self taught , repeatable swings. Lee Trevino's was my favorite swing of that generation.
Tiger had his time. It was a good, long run. I don't think he will dominate the tour again. He'll win some more, maybe a few majors, but he won't catch Jack. Tiger's personna is indimidation and swagger. That is tarnished forever because of the public humiliation he suffered. I think he lost that edge in his own mind. It's no longer his time. It's McIlroy's, Mahon's, the kid that wears the orange Puma clothes, Dustin Johnson's, etc. Time waits for no one. It happens to all...