or Connect

Posts by TMO

Comical. Just send me your address. Let me send you my custom Pro Platinum Plus Scotty Cameron because it has a little bit of rust on it. The point isn't that I feel like my putter is a piece of junk but it just got me thinking about retiring the putter. I have used it since 2000 and am just exploring my options. If I were to narrow my choices right now it would be between the new Cameron Monterey or a Method 001. As I said above, huge fan of the Newport style it is...
I have been in the middle of writing a pretty lengthy memorandum in support of a motion for summary judgment for class and haven't haven't pulled out my putter for the last week. When I woke up yesterday I thought it would be a great idea to putt a bit just to cool the nerves. I took off my headcover and discovered rust on my Cameron. There is no way for me to describe in words how depressed I am. With that said, I am thinking that perhaps it is time for me to find...
Just my quick opinion but I think that we are going to see an extreme influx of this at the college level. From personal experience I can say that golf coaches are putting such a huge emphasis on gaining weight and muscle that we were actually working out with the football team 2 days a week. Considering how scrawny most golfers are, they are going to feel the added pressure to gain that weight and muscle. On tour, I don't have a clue. I have a few friends out there...
At about 6:00 PM tonight the PGA Tour announced that it would be suspending Doug Barron for the use of an unspecified Performance Enhancing Drug. Curious about everyone's thoughts. Is this just the beginning of a trend or was this an isolated incident?
I have a lot to say about this image but rather than go on, here is a short summary of what I am thinking: 1. Ben Hogan's Five Lessons describes what he had "felt" not necessarily did. 2. Numerous videos of Ben Hogan from pretty much his entire career look nothing like this (especially with his driver) 3. Towards the end of Hogan's career - when he was most accurate and had completely lost his dreaded hook - he stopped swaying with his hips but increased his upper...
I played a number of Hooters tournaments. It was a lot of fun but I wouldn't say that it is easy by any means. Although the guys out there won't say it, the only reason they are playing on the Hooters tour rather than the Nationwide or PGa is because that is where their comfort level is at right now. They have incredible games but the mental hurdle to play on the PGA is a huge one. Aside from that, the courses are set up pretty difficult and you still have to be...
Narrowing down best shot is a little tough but I'll opt for two of my most clutch/best shots ever. U.S. Open qualifier in Georgia. Through 6 holes with only 1 birdie while another player in my group is 5 under. I am dead in the middle of the fairway and 145 away from a tucked pin. I wanted to hit a 9 right at the flag, he wants me to hit 8 to the back of the green. He starts to storm off when I choose 9. I dunk it for an eagle. He walks back. First Hooters Tour...
Since moving to Maryland I haven't had a lot of rounds where I get to play with low handicap players. I never had this problem before but I am finding myself playing down to my playing group unless I consciously separate myself from them. Clearly, this is not as much fun. I am hoping some people can recommend some different games I could play with a group of higher handicappers. Strokes on a hole doesn't do it for me. Any other suggestions?
I use the older-Hogan method. When Hogan was younger he played the ball inside of his left heel but shoulder width apart with his 5 iron rather than his driver. As he got older, he narrowed his stance to shoulder width apart with his driver but still kept it off of his heel. Nicklaus adopted that method as well. While I know a lot of people disagree, I find that to be the easiest method.
Just really quick but if we are going worst putter for handicap I think I get that medal. I know, I'm so miserable right now every time I step out on the greens. Try hitting 13, 14, 15 greens averaging 15 feet as your first putt and still manage to have 33 putts per round. It's killing me. If you solve it, let me know.