or Connect

Posts by lumpuckeroo

I'm all spikeless also, I've got several different brands.  Footjoy, ECCO, Adidas, Puma, the only ones I've had any issue with slippage are the Puma, they have a rounded nub for traction.  On early mornings when there is a little dew I will slip from time to time if I wear the Puma, but I've not had any issues with the other shoes and I've worn the Footjoy and ECCO in the rain.  I swear by the spikeless shoes.
I prefer to walk, I find that walking tends to keep me more focused on my game.  Not that I don't help partners find balls, but a lot of the time when walking, all I have to do is focus on my ball, my swing, my game.  I also find that I stay more at ease with my game, I don't feel like I'm rushing to the ball and have to hurry up and hit it and then rush to my partners ball and so on.  As I approach my ball, I'm getting myself ready for the shot, running all of the...
I think all golfers go through some type of mental block like that from time to time.  Hitting a tee shot on a specific hole, hitting a certain iron well, they are all mental blocks.  Clearing those mental blocks are probably a little different for everyone, but for me it's hitting shots in those situations until I forget I've got an issue.  If it were me, I would go to a driving range where my shadow was over my ball and hit shots until I no longer had a mental block with...
Totally agree, when we spend time looking for balls, it when is seems like the rounds are the longest.  But to the original question of yardage makers, one of the public courses in my area uses a small colored marker in the middle of the fairway, makes it very easy to see and determine yardage.  The marker is on a spring also, so if it gets run over by a cart it just springs back up, I have found that is as good as any yardage marker that I've seen (outside a GPS or...
Chrysler 300, I can fit 2 clicgear push carts and 2 bags in the trunk, no problems.
Why would I want my grips in someones dirty bum........
Same for me, I might be gurmpy in the car ride home, but trying to figure out what I'm eating for lunch pretty much gets my mind off of a bad round!
There are a couple in Kansas City that I think are underrated, most notably Swope Memorial Golf Course in Swope Park.  Designed in 1934 by legendary architect A.W. Tillinghast, it's got a lot of trees and hilly, you better be able to hit the ball pretty straight or you are in for a long day.   While not as good as Swope, Leavenworth Country Club is a favorite of mine, designed in 1920 by Tom Bendelow, who designed East Lake in Atlanta and Medinah.  Not a long course, but...
Of course I can, I started driving in 1971, a significant number of cars were still manual transmissions back then.  I even had a '64 Chevy Impala that I took out the crappy 2 speed automatic and put in a 4 speed manual, I drove that while I was in college.
I use a soft nylon brush that my wife got from Pamper Chef to clean potatoes for baking, A bucket of warm soapy water and a bucket or warm clean water,  Soak my clubs for a minute in the warm soapy water, brush them down, rinse them in the clean water, dry them off with a towel and then let them sit on the kitchen table for a couple of hours to make sure they are dry before I put them back in the bag.   For my grips, I put some soap on the brush and give the grips a good...