or Connect

Posts by Golf Grouch

Can we fix our entry?
I want Turbulators to help me drive it long with the PING G30 Driver!   I predict that the Red (West Coast) Team will win the 2015 Newport Cup by a score of 30 to 24 The MVP will be @mvmac with 11 points won. 
While I'm a big fan of the Howard Stern Show, I think all yelling after golf shots is annoying.  It just gets old really fast.   As an aside, I've found that people who say that they don't like the Howard Stern Show have likely never listened to an entire show before.
"I want to boost my game with Adipower Boost" Jordan Spieth - 11 Martin Kaymer - 11 Branden Grace - 11
I was B-Fit for Bridgestone Tour B330-S golf balls.   Rory McIlroy -12 Shane Lowry  -12 Bernd Wiesberger  -12
Please replace my original prediction post (post #95) with the following prediction:   I want outrageous speed with a Callaway XR driver!   Rory McIlroy +2 Victor Dubuisson +2 Byeong-Hun An +2   Thanks!
 I agree.  That's why I copy and pasted the text directly from the R&A website.
 But what is golf?  According to the R&A "it is a game in which a player, using a club, tries to hit a small, round ball into a small, round hole in as few shots as possible." The only point I'm trying to make is that I think it's very possible to devise a game that fits this description with a set of logical and simple rules that could be drastically different from the current rules of golf.
 I agree with you.  What I'm proposing is that the "principle of playing the ball as it lies" is flawed.  Change that founding principle and it's possible to simply the rules drastically and still retain the core concept of golf. Try for a moment to open your mind completely and not be bound by the current rules of golf.  Let's say you have all the elements of golf without any rules.  You have golf clubs, golf balls and a golf course with holes, greens, hazards, and tee...
I'm not arguing how to apply the current rules of golf, I'm arguing that the fundamental rules themselves are the problem.  In this case, the definition of ground under repair is the issue.