or Connect

Posts by Golf Grouch

I want to win a Callaway big Bertha.   Jamie DONALDSON -3 Victor DUBUISSON -3 Gonzalo FERNANDEZ-CASTANO -3
    Here is a current picture of the original grips on my beloved Mizuno MP-14 gamers that I play twice a week, on average.  The MP-14 model was last produced in 2000 so that tells you their age!  Here is why I can use new Lamkin grips in 30 words or less:   My slick OEM grips cause me to grip them progressively tighter over time and may be adversely affecting my swing.  Also, my natural draw may indicate incorrect grip sizing.
O.J. Simpson played in the foursome behind mine at a LA muni in the 90s.  Because there was a wait on every tee, he might as well played in our foursome.  I hate to admit it, but he was a really nice guy who initiated a lot of small talk.
Entered!  Thanks!
Tiger Woods -7 Keegan Bradley -6 Padraig Harrington -6
Jim Furyk -9 Adam Scott -8 Miguel Angel Jimenez -7
Keegan Bradley -3 Martin Kaymer -1 Peter Hanson -1
When I first started playing golf, there were no grass driving ranges in my area. By default, I was forced to practice on artificial grass range mats. Not knowing any better, I believed that they were just as good as the real thing. Boy was I wrong. Indeed, I became pretty proficient hitting golf balls off padded Astro Turf. But that's a lot like saying you can fly a plane well after only piloting a video flight simulator.   While hitting a teed ball off range mats...
At the :18 mark in this video of Tiger, the leading edge of the clubface is parallel to his spine.  Erik, is this what you mean?  
1. Tringale, Cameron: 276 2. Haas, Bill, 276 3. Pettersson, Carl: 276