or Connect

Posts by MackJL06

Dayton here, I agree
LMGTFY     http://www.golfchannel.com/tv/?WOtab=#watchOnlineTab
- Fat people ( As a former fat person, I'm allowed to say  this)   - Seeing people struggle to walk around the office building    - Going to the salad bar at lunch and seeing people build themselves a nice, healthy salad...and then topping it with a pound of cheese   - Women
Finally got out tonight with my camera. I read your post before I got to the range so I was trying to have my hands "chase" the camera a little longer during my backswing.   I think the hardest part for me is going to be learning how not to drop the club so far under-plane as my first move towards the ball. Anyone have any drills/tips on how to start my downswing on plane?   (again, excuse the soundtrack...my camera has decided that Wind needs to sound like a violent...
So last year I weighed in for my company's health screening at 278 pounds. That was pretty shocking, embarrassing, and sad. Instead of pouting about it, I decided to get to work, change my diet and run...run...run...run...and run. Fast forward about 9-10 months and I am now 185 pounds!   Last season, I shot 2 rounds in my work golf league under par, having about 75% of my rounds staying in the 35(par)-39 range. This year, however, is a completely different story....
As I've gotten better over the years, something sure stands out.   -Better players tend to let you play your game, and reserve their comments-       Is it because they finally discovered the secret and dont want you to know!? Well, it is a couple things. For one, you are unlikely to find a life-altering "fix" for your swing mid-round that saves your round. Another, they have learned that the game is built on an understanding of their own golf-swing, and...
my partner in my Work Golf League has been playing for 8 years now.   He shot a 76 on 9 holes last week. You're fine.   Focus on getting better! Have fun!
I guess I'm not sure why it matters. The only time your handicap matters to me is when we are playing against each other. At that point, if you've bent a couple rules during a social round and ended with a 5 hdcp, but are probably truly closer to a 7...that is fine with me. When we play in a competitive setting, I'm going to count it as a stroke if you ground your club in the hazard or accidentally bump your ball while on the green.    In that light I would consider...
I'm way more of a visual learner. I cant really grasp it when they say "just swing out right more!" or when they grab your club and move you to a position...it helps me significantly more if i can stand 2 feet from the instructor and see the movement, then attempt to mimic it. For that reason, I think I'd have to have an instructor that still has the "chops"   That being said, I kicked field goals in college. One of my favorite coaches couldnt kick an extra point if his...
but, what about the 15'  ball retriever?     in all seriousness, if it's too far to reach in with your wedge and grab it, just let it go.