or Connect

Posts by MackJL06

I'm from the Dayton area, but have been living in Cincinnati for the last handful of years. I lived at Four Bridges Country Club last year and had range access, but now that I've moved closer to downtown I am in the market for a course with a good Driving Range membership program! I'm pretty busy in the evenings with soccer, so I don't have time to get 9 holes in after work and have turned into a bit of a Range-rat. Can anyone make suggestions on a course between downtown...
Dayton here, I agree
LMGTFY     http://www.golfchannel.com/tv/?WOtab=#watchOnlineTab
- Fat people ( As a former fat person, I'm allowed to say  this)   - Seeing people struggle to walk around the office building    - Going to the salad bar at lunch and seeing people build themselves a nice, healthy salad...and then topping it with a pound of cheese   - Women
Finally got out tonight with my camera. I read your post before I got to the range so I was trying to have my hands "chase" the camera a little longer during my backswing.   I think the hardest part for me is going to be learning how not to drop the club so far under-plane as my first move towards the ball. Anyone have any drills/tips on how to start my downswing on plane?   (again, excuse the soundtrack...my camera has decided that Wind needs to sound like a violent...
So last year I weighed in for my company's health screening at 278 pounds. That was pretty shocking, embarrassing, and sad. Instead of pouting about it, I decided to get to work, change my diet and run...run...run...run...and run. Fast forward about 9-10 months and I am now 185 pounds!   Last season, I shot 2 rounds in my work golf league under par, having about 75% of my rounds staying in the 35(par)-39 range. This year, however, is a completely different story....
As I've gotten better over the years, something sure stands out.   -Better players tend to let you play your game, and reserve their comments-       Is it because they finally discovered the secret and dont want you to know!? Well, it is a couple things. For one, you are unlikely to find a life-altering "fix" for your swing mid-round that saves your round. Another, they have learned that the game is built on an understanding of their own golf-swing, and...
my partner in my Work Golf League has been playing for 8 years now.   He shot a 76 on 9 holes last week. You're fine.   Focus on getting better! Have fun!
I guess I'm not sure why it matters. The only time your handicap matters to me is when we are playing against each other. At that point, if you've bent a couple rules during a social round and ended with a 5 hdcp, but are probably truly closer to a 7...that is fine with me. When we play in a competitive setting, I'm going to count it as a stroke if you ground your club in the hazard or accidentally bump your ball while on the green.    In that light I would consider...
I'm way more of a visual learner. I cant really grasp it when they say "just swing out right more!" or when they grab your club and move you to a position...it helps me significantly more if i can stand 2 feet from the instructor and see the movement, then attempt to mimic it. For that reason, I think I'd have to have an instructor that still has the "chops"   That being said, I kicked field goals in college. One of my favorite coaches couldnt kick an extra point if his...