or Connect

Posts by Mahbles

I love your idea, it certainly has merits. One of the reasons why SBS signed the 10 year agreement with the PGA Tour and Kapalua is because the LPGA spurned SBS for their Korean broadcast rights. In a nutshell: LPGA wanted more money for their Korean broadcast fees and asked SBS what their offer was. SBS said $3.5M/year. LPGA went to a smaller, cable channel in Korea called Joong Ang (J Golf for short) and said, will you pay $4M/year? J Golf said yes. LPGA spurned SBS...
Organizers of the Kapalua LPGA Classic in Hawaii have pulled out of their contract to host the annual LPGA event through 2012. LPGA deputy commissioner Libba Galloway said Tuesday in a news release that the association is "extremely disappointed" with the decision not to conduct the event in October. She says the LPGA will vigorously enforce its legal rights under the contract. The LPGA says the Kapalua Land Co. is the contract holder. The company is a subsidiary...
I keep a flask of tequila in the freezer and when I play with friends, I'll bring it along, you know, swing oil! I mostly drink water, and at the courses I play, the water jugs are abundant. I've learned that I have to drink water, otherwise the sun will just beat on me and I'll end up with a headache. I've tried stuff like Amino Vitale and but I'm not sure it works.
Yup, I've only had Nike 3W until my Titleist one, but every Nike 3W I've had, especially my favorite T60 one, had a beautiful SMACK sound off the face.
Amen to that. They are hideous. I will admit to collecting the Hula Girl head covers though. I haven't read through all the quotes yet, but my vote for a putter that's like a Scotty Cameron are the Nike Unitized putters. They're pretty close.
Aloha all, I recently got fitted for a set of Titleist irons and woods as a wedding gift from the new bride and ended up with the AP2 irons. I was originally set on the AP1 but the fitter said I was capable of using the AP2 irons. I do like the thinner top line and I got them 2 degrees upright and the stock, Project X 5.5 shaft. They are amazing. There's something to be said about being fit for clubs and those are amazing. My old set were stock Nike CCI cast...
Hey Alley Cat, I only have experience with the Sumo Square 3 wood with the stock shaft and just like the Sumo Square driver, it goes straight. I think for 3 woods, the shape of the head doesn't really matter as much as the driver, only because the head of a driver is so much bigger. Nike probably came out with a square 3 w for those that thought it would compliment my square driver and sumo square hybrids, which I certainly bought into. Give it a whirl, and...
I agree, hitting shots within a radius on a green is old, and since none of them are very accurate, they all seem to spin it out of line or completely miss the green. It looks like the next episode has them breaking the panes of glass. Why can't they come up with new things to try and do? I've always been a big fan of trying to hit the ball picker at the range, why not do something like that? I now propose new Big Break ideas: Hit the ball picker on a driving range or...
http://www.pgatour.com/2009/tourname...sbs/index.html Wow, what a commitment! Good news for the PGA Tour during these touch economic times.
Haha, I was waiting to see if someone was going to mention that about her. I will say that some of the girls look better with their hats on than without. You could say the same about the guys too, such as Furyk and Cink. Anyway, enough of the juvenile talk. I think Gerina is solid like Kim Welch from BB: Ka'anapali, doesn't let a whole lot rattle her.