or Connect

Posts by Dminn23

And when you do that with no forearm rotation keeping the right elbow down, attempting to rotate and then just fold, you will get the club way across the line and have to perform some type of actio to get it where it needs to be. Given that you have a good grip....You can take away everything in one piece, start rotating the LEFT forearm around 8-9 o'clock (the club). Notice what the forearm rotation does? It folds the right elbow and sets the wrists. All in one...
Jim Hardy's labeling of swings is somewhat flawed. He categorizes people by shoulder plane and not release. Release is what really matters. If you went solely by shoulder plane, you would be camping someone like David Toms with Phil Mickelson, which is absolutely laughable. Mickelson turns the toe towards the ground and releases down the line. David Toms rotates around beautifully and releases left. Two VERY different types of golf swings but Hardy would label both...
There is one correct answer for a "correct grip"....the left wrist cocks and the right wrist hinges. The ideal grip is neutral to strong left hand with a slightly weaker (than left hand) right hand. This puts the right hand more on top of the club and doesn't allow it to get under which can create a slew of problems, like sucking it inside early in the back swing. Of course, one can tweak it either way, but the grip should not be "palms facing each other". Tiger,...
First things first, the most important thing is grip, alignment, and posture. Those things happen before you ever take the club away. Its amazing with how much everything takes care of itself once you have these proper fundamentals. And if you don't have them, you will have to work MUCH harder to overcome those deficiencies. The the following pictures of your address position so the club should NOT be in motion. Down the Line, Face On, Rear View, and pictures of your...
There are two different types of DTL views and they can change the perception of the shot. The "target line" view where you would line up the camera with the ball to target so this would be out front of you. Then there is the toe line, which is just parallel to the target line. As far as height, some people advocate 4 feet off the ground, I like it a little higher because if its too low, it skews MY perception of the height of the arms. Thats personal though.
All I have to say is BFD....big f***ing deal. This is not even a story. Lynch is just a word. She didn't come out and throw a "real" racial slur, and who cares if shes from the deep South, that means nothing. It comes down to one word...lynch. Thats all. This shouldn't even be a hiccup in her career, but look at what its drawn. And if you actually watch the video, it was casual and she was just trying to talk, it's her job. She didn't make a "terrible...
Don't forget to check the position of your hands at address in relation to your ball position. If your playing the ball in the middle of your stance with a large forward press, you will come down steep and possibly hit ground, then ball. Keep your head behind the ball, turn your shoulders behind the ball getting your weight primarily onto your right foot. At the top, don't start turning your shoulders, feel a little lazy and make a bump with your left him towards...
If you hit the Nickent well, why not? I've seen several conversations on other golf forums where players are taking their fairway woods out of the bag and replacing them with lower lofted hybrids (like a 2 or 1 iron equivelant). That being said, maybe the Nike just doesn't fit you. It also depends on what situation you hit it in, are you hitting it off the fairway, out of the rough, or off the tee only? Different face depths/widths and sole profiles make huge...
There was a lengthy article that involved an interview with Mickelson on Golf online earlier this year. It really made me think about the way Phil Mickelson plays and with the exception of the 72nd hole this week, he lived up to that this weekend. Face it, the guy has balls, you HAVE to give him credit for that. He's a risk taker, the modern day Tin Cup (which is funny because he was in the movie for a brief moment during the best ball tourney). He sees a gap in some...
Naruto, I didn't start this thread but you are so right. I hang on to every word Tiger says and I'm in love with him.....