or Connect

Posts by jlh1508

It was a 9 hole round 3 weeks ago   1st hole - triple bogey 2nd hole - double bogey 3rd hole - double bogey 4th hole - bogey   5,6,7,8,9 - I played in 1 under.
Yes. If i came to a hole like that, I would simply skip the hole as to avoid the potential problem.  The argument has nothing to do with whether a home owner should take precautions to protect their property.  The question is simply is a golfer responsible for where they hit there ball.  The answer to me is simple
No your distinction just makes no sense.  The reality is that it doesn't matter what is off of golf course property or how far off golf course property it is. As a golfer you have a responsibility to keep your ball on the course. if you do not do so you are responsible. IT IS YOUR BALL, THAT YOU HIT. THEREFORE YOU ARE RESPONSIBLE It is a simple concept
 So if I knowingly drive my car by it knowing a ball could hit it is my fault?  Either a golfer is responsible for where there golf ball goes or they are not.  It really is that simple
No it doesn't.  Both are a case of a wayward golf ball, hit off golf course property. Not sure how its any different at all
Why is it different? I bought a house next to your kids, just like someone else bought a house by a golf course. Why does the one at the golf course have to assume risk, but the one with a house by kids doesn't?  Is there not an assumed risk that a kid might act like a kid
 What does the homeowner have to be responsible for? They did not break the window.  The homeowner is not responsible for your golf ball and where it goes. You are playing a golf course which means you are to be on the course, if you can't keep your ball within the bounds of the course that is not a homeowners responsibility, it is yours and yours alone
  So I am responsible for where my car goes and what it does, but not for where my golf ball goes and what it does? If being close to a golf course makes me responsible for protecting my home with nets or something else, then why is it not my responsibility to protect my car in a parking lot?   Something here doesn't add up. Why in one case am I responsible and not in the other?  The reality is the golfer hit his/her golf ball, therefore they are responsible for where...
Of the courses listed that I have played here are my rankings     Yarrow Ravines Hawkshead the Medalist Angels Crossing Thornapple Pointe     But you are over an hour from New Buffalo at Yarrow, The Medalist, Thornapple Pointe, and Angels crossing   More information would be helpful. Are you basing your stay out of new buffalo? Are you looking for 2 courses on the same day? Separate days?   If looking for 2 courses same day an hour from New Buffalo, I would...
Lets try this I build a house next to a dog park   One day a man is playing fetch with his dog at the dog park. His throw of the ball goes a little wild, flys into my property, hits the window of my house and breaks it.   Who is responsible?