or Connect

Posts by powerfader

Couldn't agree more, the idea that we'd all cheat on our other halves if something "better" came along is one put forward by people who want to rationalise their own lack of morals.
Not very fun.
Did you see the Spurs match yesterday?
Yeah if that helps you remember it, but like the other poster said "closed/open stance" is in relation to your target line, its not just a needlessly confusing term.
Yeah he's right, that's an open stance. Funny I'd never thought of it like you did but I see how you got there.
I've played with scratch players who would kill for a swing like that; I wouldn't make any big adjustments at all. One observation I can make is that your posture isn't quite perfect, your back could do with being a little straighter (you're hunching just a tad) but really that's all I can think of!
Paddy Power have done this a few times; last season they paid out early on Stoke City Fc getting relegated......They stayed up comfortably in the end and the booky lost out big time. I think its a marketing ploy, theres so many bookies out there (close to what economists call a perfect market in its nature) they have do do something to differentiate themselves from the pack. Punters have alot of choice, if I was a betting man I'd bet with the "stupid" booky. Perhaps I'm...
A slicer doesn't tilt he turns. If you could look straight down at the top of your head (assuming you are right handed) you would see your left shoulder and right shoulder moving counter-clockwise rather than up and down. The left shoulder pulls backwards and the right shoulder lunges forwards and the plane immediately goes from a diagonal line to the ball to a line straight down on top of it.[/QUOTE] I noticed you are an advocate of the "Golf Machine", I've watched...
Thanks for the input, you obviously have a firm grasp of swing dynamics, but I think you patronise me slightly. A slice/pull slice categorically IS caused by dragging the club excessively inside AFTER impact (the out-to-in move with the emphasis on the "in"). That was the problem I set about trying to solve, I've had a modicum of success getting the club arriving from the inside (although nowhere near consistantly). My shortcoming has always been I'm too eager to drag...
Interesting to hear your comments on the right foot, but I'm eager to hear what people think about the idea of not fanning out your LEFT foot; instead having it pointing straight ahead or slightly inward. Is that something you've ever heard of, do you think it will have any negative effects down the line? I havn't posted on technique before but this one change had such a dramatically positive effect I thought I'd see what you guys thought. In case I haven't explained it...