or Connect

Posts by AzGolfGeek

Here's my 2-cents.  Of the 14 clubs in the bag, I have approx 18 clubs to choose from. The bag setup is specific to the course and the course setup that I'm playing. For the most part, the only clubs that get switched out on a routine basis is the hybrid, 3 iron and gap wedge. My normal setup, of the courses I play about 90% of the time, is to carry a driver, 3 wood, hybrid, 4-9 and 4 wedges (46, 50, 54, 60). Depending on the length of the course, and setup, I can...
VJ is a jerk, he should have known what was on the banned substance list. (whether it should have been banned is irrelevant). That said, unless he failed a drug test, there should be no case against him. The tour has enough money to drug test each and every member of the tour prior to the start of the season and throughout the season, for that matter, every professional sport should be testing all players multiple times per season. This seems a little drastic, but its...
At the match play tournament in AZ I over heard Bubba Watson discussing the distance loss due to the frost delay. Between him and his caddy, they figured it was about 25 yards of carry, but that distance was made up by 30 yards extra of roll. At the Phoenix tournament, I remember someone in the 1st group off on Friday hitting an 8 iron from 130, didn't seem to hit it bad and ended up pin high. Temperature has a big effect on how much the ball is compressed at impact.
I grew up playing with a guy named Dave McGualy, nicknamed Dave Mulligan because he was always hitting a 2nd ball, sometimes a 3rd and 4th. Even saw him get a hole-in-one once with a mulligan. Everybody at the course just dealt with it, nobody ever got upset. The course didn't have a driving range, and it was excepted to hit a mulligan on the 1st hole, Dave it took it to a whole other level. I will say this though, he was always mindful of groups behind and didn't play...
I think everybody should be a bit of both, the key is to know when to be which............
Personally for me its a bit of both, and depends on the situation and circumstances.  I also feel that conservative and aggressive have different meanings to different players and different abilities. Swinging hard with a driver to me is not aggressive, but fitting that tee shot into an area that could be of great advantage but with risk is. Going dead at every pin isn't aggressive, only when there is high risk of making a large number if you miss your target.   I...
 I wouldn't worry at what others think, every body is going to have their opinion and know one is going to know for sure what your ability is. Also in talking your self up, there is always a certain amount of ego that goes with getting better at anything a person does. Some show that ego more than others, in the game of golf, confidence is half the battle and a little ego can help in that confidence.
Here's a little perspective. Monday qualifying for a PGA Tour event, this starts with a Thursday pre-qualifier. In Phoenix there were 3 pre-qualifiers, 99 players in each, only 9 from each advanced to Monday. I played in the qualifier at Aguila GC, par 72, about 7100 yards. 69 (-3) did not advance, meaning that there were 9 players -4 or better. The other 2 courses were very similar, and I noticed someone shot a 62. This only got them to Monday, where only 3 advanced...
Looks like you have a pretty good list. One thing I see missing is the ability to determine where your game needs work. To achieve your goal, your going to have to fine tune area of your game, not just improving everything, but either getting better at something or learning about yourself on how you handle situations or parts of your game. Not only to make a big jump in ability such as your goal, but also how to maintain that goal, you will need to identify every area of...
Its been in my bag for a few weeks now, only play a couple of actual rounds but been on the driving range a bunch. I switched from an R9, mainly because I could not stand the sound the R9 made. I was fortunate enough to have a couple of demo days to try Callaway, Nike, Mizuno and the R11. Titleist was not at either demo day with their drivers, only ball fitting. Coming for an R9, I knew something about the R11 and was able to adjust it pretty quickly, I was sold on it...