or Connect

Posts by Danattherock

From my way of thinking it is futile. Unless you play under the same conditions all the time. I played on a course a few weeks back with greens that were like putting on concrete. Fast and huge breaks, upper and lower levels, serious 3-4 putt potential. I played the other day on a course that had greens like shag carpet. I was killing the ball to get it out to 25-30 feet. When playing on vastly different greens, various conditioning, high end courses versus...
David Orr is top shelf all the way and particularly known or his putting prowess. I spent a day with him and will see him again in the near future. I would go spend 2-3 hours with him improving your putting stance, routine, stroke, etc.. and then go back after a month of practice and ingraining the changes. Do you really want a custom fit putter for your current stroke? If you are a great putter, go for it. But if you are not, give some consideration to what stroke the...
Typed dialogue is difficult, so bear with me. I am on your side and want you to succeed. Your putter is not the problem. Your lack of distance control is the problem. While a heavier or lighter putter may perform better on faster or slower greens, unless you play on the same greens, which are cut the same, maintained the same, etc.. the equipment change will be a futile pursuit.   If you just want a new putter, get one. I am with you here and have around 20 myself....
    Nope. Worth every dime and they are very highly sought after for good reason.   I am not a fan of Scotty Cameron generally speaking and I own four Tei3's.     As for getting her refinished, I just got one back yesterday. The commonly known places for refinish...   Kevin Colbert Tom Slighter BOS SC custom shop     Kevin Colbert (putterplating.com) $85   "Northern Lights" finish...   http://thesandtrap.com/t/58036/northern-lights-scotty-cameron-tei3       -Dan
Working my way through it now.    Have not read one word that didn't make sense. A first ever for me with a golf instruction book.   I highly recommend his dvd as it compliments the book nicely.   The book makes more sense to me after seeing the dvd a few times.    Both book and dvd are on Jimmy Ballard's website.       -Dan
My journey towards learning how to properly swing a golf club has introduced me to all kinds of stuff. I have attempted to understand books from many of the most well known teachers and players. The norm for me is that I get a pearl or two from each book, dvd, etc.. but I never find an entire blueprint to go by that I can believe in or perform. I also have several 'training' aids in my garage collecting dust. I have a shelf full of books and dvds in my office. Golf is...
Get a Callaway FT-iZ. I bought one last month, never hit such a straight driver. The FT-i you linked in your first post sounds like a trash can lid banging, but is in fact very straight. Shorter than the FT-iZ though by quite a margin. Found mine new from greatergolfsales (or similar) on Ebay for $160 with a Diamanna blue shaft. Incredible driver for folks looking to find more fairways. 
I have been impressed with the following balls...     Srixon Z star   Titleist NXT Tour S   Callaway Hex Chrome
I would consider a Rife Aruba or Antigua. You can get them on Ebay new for around $100.   Another thought, the older Ping BeCu putters, anser, pal2, etc.. can be found for $75-125 on Ebay in near mint condition. Fantastic soft feel on these old Pings and they don't break the bank. Bought a few from Ebay seller Heinenkugels in recent months. All looked practically brand new, but were 15-20 year old putters. He specializes in these BeCu putters.    Then you could...