or Connect

Posts by max power

I'm not surprised, but also don't really care too much.  Isn't it clear to everyone by now that Tiger's a bit of an ass?  And that's his prerogative - as pointed out, many other Hall of Fame golfers weren't particularly nice guys.  For me, I accept that Tiger is the best golfer ever, but I'm still usually rooting against him.
Tons - PING Eye2, Zing, Zing2, ISI, G2, G5, G10.  Wilson Staff Ci7, Ci9, Ci11, Di9, Di11.  Titleist AP1, 775.CB.  Callaway - Big Bertha, X-12, X-14, X-16, X-18, any Callaway iron, really.  Taylormade R7, R9.  Mizuno - MX20, MX25, MX200, MX300, and more.
And . . . blocked.  Jackass.
He's a 30 handicap who wants to break 100 - he has trouble around the green and has trouble making a repeatable swing.  I'd say the vast majority of 30+ 'cappers, probably even 20+ 'cappers lose substantially more strokes off the tee than around the green.
If you're totally lost around the greens the ball you use will make zero difference.  If you have only basic competency around the greens, the ball will make little to very little difference.  Focus on a repeatable swing with solid ball-first contact, then worry about the ball.
You're wasting money and possibly hurting your game.  Even if you're not hurting your game, you're definitely wasting money.
You aren't hitting the ball shorter because of your clubs.  I used to hit my Ping Zing 2s super far (145-150 yd PW), and they are 20+ year old technology.  Gradually I got better and more accurate and my distance decreased, but as I said, I was better and more accurate.  A 135 yd PW is still a very long PW.  You won't hit player's irons any longer than your Callaways.  You may like 'em better because you're in the mood for new clubs (I've been there), but you won't hit...
With equal swings you should hit a 5 wood quite a bit longer.  My 4 iron goes about 200, up to 210; 5 wood about 220-240.
Tiger is the best golfer ever.  And if he wins 18 or 19 majors to tie or beat Nicklaus, and this Masters is one of those victories, it will forever tarnish his image as a golfer and leave the argument open as to who actually won more majors.  Not the situation the rule was created for, and he would have been DQ'd had it been anyone but Tiger.  Golf is different than other sports, trying to get away with cheating, even something you did unintentionally, just isn't...
G10s were the last ones I saw that all appeared to be MIA.  I'd guess about 98% of current PING stock is going to be MIC.