or Connect

Posts by max power

Not that hard for your, or me, but for most "weekend golfers" I'd imagine breaking 100 legitimately is a rare occurrence.  There are exceptions - in my experience they're guys who are just talented athletes.  For most people swinging a golf club properly is an alien and infrequent event, and even those who enjoy it enough to get out on a regular basis don't sniff actual bogey golf without some practice and/or focus.
Well played.  Using some of that Las Vegas charm.
And you clearly already know the only answer you want to hear.
You'd be better off with $20 towards lessons/practice and the cheapest balls you could find.
Let's just agree that what matters far more is taking a proper swing.  Not meant to be an insult, but ball choice is, imo, one of the very last things a 20+ handicapper should worry about.  When you start hitting the ball consistently, getting it to land approximately where you want it to, and want a slightly different reaction on the green, that might be the time to worry about the ball you're playing.  Tour level balls will definitely spin more, but whether that's...
I've been working on restoring some iron distance the last couple months, and I keep a document saved with my average full swing distance for each club/iron set I own.  Right now I'm using PING S59 irons.   Driver - 907D1 with Blueboard, 270 Strong 3 - FT-IZ 13*, 256 3 Wood - PT 906F2 15*, 242 Hybrid - Cobra Baffler DWS 16*, 232 Hybrid/5 Wood - WS FyBrid 19.5*, 222 3 iron - 214 4 iron - 204 5 iron - 194 6 iron - 183 7 iron - 171 8 iron - 159 9...
The Adams Tom Watson wedges I own and use are just as good as my Vokey, PING, or Mizuno wedges, in some ways even better.  No more than $30-$40 per wedge.
Nothing wrong with a 64*, but it is harder to hit than the other wedges.  Maybe not for one guy here or there, but for the vast majority of golfers it comes with a low margin of error.  I think the important thing to keep in mind is that you need to learn how to hit half shots with your wedges (and probably all your irons).  It will never be a skill you wasted your time on, the ability to hit a 2/3 or half shot when necessary is terribly valuable.
I have only one suggestion - don't ever treat golf (lessons or equipment) as if your life is in the balance.  It isn't.  And he's right about getting some used clubs.  A used club with a new grip feels like a new club.
9 holes after work, even par (2 birdies, 2 bogeys).