or Connect

Posts by max power

Here's the short answer-yes.  A brand (I think you mean model) from 2002 is as good as one from today.  I don't know what people think is magically happening with irons over the last few years that is making them so much better.  The basics of a cavity back iron are the same today as when the PING Eye2 was invented.  Yes, there have been incremental changes/improvements over the years, but you'd be hard pressed to find a more forgiving and great all around iron than the...
Don't go with a cheap beginner's set-get a nice used set of irons off ebay or globalgolf for approximately the same amount of money.  Tons of great clubs that cost top dollar 2, 5, 10 or 15 years ago, and you'll have no problem finding a set with regular flex shafts.  Look for stuff along the lines of Titleist 775s, PING Eye2s, PING Zing2s, PING ISIs, TaylorMade R7s, TM 300s, WilsonStaff Ci7s, Wilson Staff Ci9s, W/S Di9s, Mizuno MX-25s, Mizuno MX-200s, Callaway X-18s,...
I'm back to this after straying for a couple rounds.  I've never putted better with any other putter.  It's a Wilson Patty Berg "Cup Defender" blade putter.  Yep-50 something year old ladies' putter, with a short 33" extra narrow shaft, and a round grip.  I've never lag putted as well, and my 4-6 foot putt make percentage is much higher than it's ever been.  Considering selling my Cameron, just because it's sitting in the closet collecting dust.  
I respectfully strongly disagree.  If you want to break 80 practice so you are deadly accurate off the tee and extremely confident on long and mid iron approach shots.  Don't neglect your short game, but get your ballstriking sorted out 1st and go from there.  Doing this got me to the point where I pretty much know I'll break 80...if I keep every drive/tee shot in play and hit my approach shots crisply.  Doesn't have to be perfect drives or hit every GIR-but no out of...
Of course I've been a jerk to people.  A TOTAL ASS however?  I hope not.  I certainly remember the people who have been total asses to me.  And I freely admit, I don't know Bubba's real personality, I only know him as a fan of golf knows one of golf's more popular players.  Based on his actions and behavior, just on the golf course-he seems a little douchey.    
Nah-excruciatingly nice verges into "slightly creepy" territory.  But yes-demeanor with waitresses is the #1 yardstick/barometer for judging one's personality...    
Not being glib here.  If you're an 11.3 handicap (which I guess you're not since you say you're in the mid 90's)-even if you're an 18 handicap, you're about as good/maybe slightly better than most people ever get at golf.  You've taken lessons and practiced, and if this isn't rewarding for you then I'd say it is time to give up golf.  When I have a particularly bad or frustrating round I sometimes feel like giving up golf, or taking some serious time off.  That never...
Did you join this site with the sole purpose of being sanctimonious?   
Out in the streets? No, but had to do a lot of fighting in the police academy/police officer training classes.  Obviously not exactly the same thing as a real fight, but conditions were simulated as closely as possible, and everyone understood to treat confrontations/fights as if they were a life or death situation.  Fighting in certain situations (someone on top of you while you're on the ground, and they're going for your gun; fighting after sprinting after someone for...
I'm not gonna fault them for that.  Jerry Lewis had a pretty solid 15-16 year run, and made a ton of contributions/innovations to the filmmaking process.