Made an 11 on a par 5 in a club tournament.
1. 3 wood off the tee to the left rough
2. 9 iron punch out to fairway
3. 5 iron into hazard
5. 5 iron into fairway
6. Sand wedge to 40 yards short of the green (!)
7. Lob wedge to greenside bunker
8. Sand wedge to greenside bunker
9. Sand wedge to back fringe
10. Chip shot to a foot
11. In the hole
Wow, that was brutal. Thanks for making me relive every gory detail.
The worst part is the previous...
Weight slightly forward at address, hand slightly forward as well. On the backswing, hands follow an inward path with no weight moving back at all. It's a shorter backswing than is customary. Right leg straightens at the top. Arms straighten on the downswing, hips tuck under and towards the target at the finish. Done correctly, the head does not move laterally at any point in the swing.
Here's a slow of impact by a guy who hits down on it as much as anyone.
Check out the close up of impact. Augusta Hacker can grandstand all he wants and it just gets funnier.
The. Ball. Never. Moves. Down.